Author Topic: Suitable Pre-Bedtime Snack......?  (Read 2368 times)

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
Re: Suitable Pre-Bedtime Snack......?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
Many thanks Maddy. Barking Heads on my Amazon wishlist, and those Dem Bones look great...bookmarked :)

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
It's never occured to me to give Alfie a bedtime snack!  He always has one when I sit down for the evening, gets quite excitable if I forget to get him one.  Not sure I want to get into the habit of a bedtime one too he is already looking a little on the podgy side  ph34r

How about a carrot? :)

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 10:24:25 AM »
It's never occured to me to give Alfie a bedtime snack!  He always has one when I sit down for the evening, gets quite excitable if I forget to get him one.  Not sure I want to get into the habit of a bedtime one too he is already looking a little on the podgy side  ph34r

How about a carrot? :)

He doesn't seem to like them much, will have a go at it then leave it when he realises it is something good for him  >:D

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
Riley gets 2 lily,s kitchen night time  biccies for his "supper" , Only have to say the word "su.....r" and he is off to the cupboard looking for them.

My two have these as well and they love them!

Good stuff - thank you very much for the treat suggestions Jane57, lisalh & Letichia. I see that Amazon have Lily's Kitchen Bedtime Biscuits 3 x 100g packs at £7.90...seems reasonable? I'm liking the herbs aspect  :shades:

Yes thats cheaper then on a lot of other websites, being lily's kitchen they are quite expensive but my two really seem to like them and i like the ingredients! They have one each before bedtime and they know as soon as they've had them its time for bed. :blink:
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »
^ Sounds perfect to me too. I do like the organic and holistic aspect to things in life....  :shades: He has a DAP defuser which works, biccies would be no different. I'll definitely be getting some as a few people do rate them. The other treats will be ''pick and mix''  :D

Offline praia

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 02:50:20 AM »
If your dog is tolerant of dairy products some cottage cheese is a great pre-bed snack.  I weight lift and always eat some before bed so the dogs always get a nice rounded scoop as well. 

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 08:33:41 AM »
He has cream cheese and some cheese for training.... thanks for the tip :)

Just posting again to say that the last couple of mornings he's been fine, no bile! I'm thinking it was down to not eating for so long that one time, an honest mistake (that I feel bad for) but won't make again. :) Perhaps the string from the ropey tug just irritated his empty tum a little. I've given him a Bonio before bed btw, but the box is almost empty and payday fast approaching so will be stocking up on the suggestions for treats given.

Thank you all :)  :luv: