Author Topic: Burns - Coat in Poor Condition  (Read 839 times)

Offline peppersdad

• Site Member
Burns - Coat in Poor Condition
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:19:56 PM »
Hi Guys,
             my Lola is now 14 1/2 weeks and is on Burns Puppy, she is eating well and her poops are good, however her coat is like straw, could be just her puppy coat, however i'd like to give her something to help out.  Has anyone seen this with Burns and what do you think I should give her to try to make her coat healthier?

Cheers,  Jon

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Re: Burns - Coat in Poor Condition
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
She could be ready to blow her puppy coat  :-\ .Have you tried grooming with a plastic comb with an elastic band threaded in between some of the teeth ? it removes lots of dead hair.
You could also try adding some salmon oil to the kibble.

There are plenty of opinions for and against Burns, my own dog dog has thrived on it since a pup, her coat is good and she is trim but some people find their dogs drop weight on Burns and i have only read of one person (on here) whose dogs problem was coat condition.

If you do change the food remember to do it gradually so not to upset Lolas tum.  ;)

People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »
Hi, Tully is on burns and her coat is spool soft. She has yumega plus added as her skin was very dry. She has just been to the groomers had a wash n blow dry and alittle trim as looking like a wolly mammoth. All beautiful again now. Hope this helps alittle.

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »
You could try adding a little bit of salmon oil to her kibble.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline peppersdad

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 12:30:37 PM »
Hia guys,
               I put her onto Yumega Plus and it's worked wonders, nice silky coat now!

Cheers
                          Peppers dad