Author Topic: Calling all Cockers on Eden  (Read 13986 times)

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
Re: Calling all Cockers on Eden
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »

[/quote]

I havent noticed Riley being any more hungry, he has always been food obsessed, the eden is gone in under 3 mins ,
I give him about 95g twice per day.
He does get some days a little bit of forthglade mixed in with eden, or some mackerel fillets, chicken or salmon either in with it or about lunchtime,

He never has had liquid poo at all, softer , yes but never like Honey has.
He is 13.9kg now.
[/quote]

3 minutes!!!???  ozzy's is gone in less than 30 seconds!!!!! >:D :005:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2013, 05:33:23 PM »

I havent noticed Riley being any more hungry, he has always been food obsessed, the eden is gone in under 3 mins ,
I give him about 95g twice per day.
He does get some days a little bit of forthglade mixed in with eden, or some mackerel fillets, chicken or salmon either in with it or about lunchtime,

He never has had liquid poo at all, softer , yes but never like Honey has.
He is 13.9kg now.
[/quote]

3 minutes!!!???  ozzy's is gone in less than 30 seconds!!!!! >:D :005:
[/quote]

Hahaha
Maybe my boy isnt so greedy after all then ......  :o

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2013, 06:22:10 PM »
Mine will also do more runny 'adrenaline poos' when they're exercising hard or out working, but they shouldn't be like this all the time. If the majority of their poos weren't solid, especially first thing in the morning, then I'd be concerned.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »
My husband and I were just having a discussion about that today. Because Holly has had the difficulties with Edens, just how long can puppy afford to "detox". She is thin coupled with the fact she has had a second bout of diarrhoea, on top of all the runny Eden poos she is losing weight and must be losing a lot off nutrition, anyway our conversation goes like this after a walk etc. "Well did she go? How  was it? Then follows a graphic description of the offending object!!!!! As you say "Nappy days are here again" !!

Are you eavesdropping on us Helen? That's exactly the type of conversation we have, except we have no bairns, only Harry.

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »
Mine will also do more runny 'adrenaline poos' when they're exercising hard or out working, but they shouldn't be like this all the time. If the majority of their poos weren't solid, especially first thing in the morning, then I'd be concerned.

'adrenaline poos'  that's it Nicola what a great way to describe them
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Helen Smith

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »
At last Holly is back to normal. Settling down nicely on her new food and gaining a wee bit of weight again

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2013, 02:35:46 PM »
At last Holly is back to normal. Settling down nicely on her new food and gaining a wee bit of weight again

Thats great Helen, Riley is too, and actually gained a little bit of weight too.
I think it sometimes does take a while to balance out.

Oh just realised you meant a "new food" and not eden, well thats good too.  :005:

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2013, 05:49:49 AM »

Thats great Helen, Riley is too, and actually gained a little bit of weight too.

Oh just realised you meant a "new food" and not eden, well thats good too.  :005:

Rather worrying Harry is still losing weight now down to 10.4kg from 10.7kg, he's been on Hills for 10 days now, his poo's are back to normal and his energy levels are great, though they were on Eden as well, I am gonna keep him on Hills for another week on vets advice then we'll reassess it then

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2013, 08:11:52 AM »

Oh just realised you meant a "new food" and not eden, well thats good too.  :005:

Rather worrying Harry is still losing weight now down to 10.4kg from 10.7kg, he's been on Hills for 10 days now, his poo's are back to normal and his energy levels are great, though they were on Eden as well, I am gonna keep him on Hills for another week on vets advice then we'll reassess it then

That is quite worrying , Harry does seem to have an awful lot of energy too, Does he ever tire out? just seen his videos and he looks erm very energetic to say the least.
He is a gorgeous boy, I would get him checked too, thats a full 3.5kg lighter than riley who isnt even overweight either.
Maybe now his poo is fine you could give him something else during the day, a lunch sort of thing ?

Offline Biddy

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »
Sorry to hear this.
I was going to contact you.
Glad poos all sorted but the loss of weight is not what you want really.
Jake's poos sorted out, I 'm feeding him Barking Heads.
He hasn't  gained any weight yet but no further weight loss.
Yesterday I started  giving him 20g of puppy kibble at lunch timeish, (that I have left over just) to help regain his weight then will reduce it once he is stable or give a bit more BH. Giving it as part of 'find it' games  so he won't miss it when it stops, I'll just reduce the amount to find down!!
These cockers get to know when food is due!
Especially the fish4dogs twist after teeth cleaning!!

Offline Biddy

« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »
Found this chart and advice re-checking dogs are not over or under weight.

Thought it might help.

sorry about the name of the website but it seems to be a good guide.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-evaluate-your-dogs-weight.html

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
Found this chart and advice re-checking dogs are not over or under weight.

Thought it might help.

sorry about the name of the website but it seems to be a good guide.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-evaluate-your-dogs-weight.html

Oh, don't be silly, I've certainly be called a lot worse in my time. But getting back to your point, I've seen the web site and Harry is classed as thin, and my vet is not at all worried, if he lost some of his zest, energy etc or become lethargic then I'd be worried.

Offline katie94

« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:55 AM »
Johny, your dog weighs only very slightly less than my very energetic 13month old show boy. Mind you, we are having a battle of wills over food again at the moment. Our vets aren't concerned about his weight either.