Author Topic: Having a really bad evening.  (Read 1735 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Having a really bad evening.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 10:55:09 PM »
You have my sympathy :bigarmhug:. It does sound to me like his behaviour is related to him not feeling 100%, sometimes the smallest things can throw them. I agree with leaving him (and the sick :P) be. I remember Barney doing the same, once. Except he ate it ph34r. At least he was left with nothing to guard after that :005:

I know how demoralising it is, especially when things have been going well, fingers crossed he will be feeling better in the morning and not as grumpy. Hope you both have a good night's sleep :bigarmhug:   

x In memory of Barney x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
Can't believe I'm hoping he's been feeling unwell  :o but the alternative is really worrying.

You aren't hoping he's unwell, you are hoping that his guarding is because he's not been feeling well. There is a difference.

Exactly so. I hope you are both feeling better in the morning. You've worked incredibly hard with Archie but there's always the risk of setbacks and it looks like Archie feeling under the weather has triggered this one. Hope things get back to normal very soon :bigarmhug: and try not to worry too much, you're brilliant with Archie and he's very lucky to have you :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 12:24:42 AM »
No advice but I do hope things improve  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you and Archie
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 06:56:46 AM »
Hi emma
Just catching up with this x i am in Harrogate at an exhibition so hotel wifi a bit hit and miss.

Hope you and Archie are okay and you had no more problems in the night x try to get him to the vets this morning with a wee sample .if they can only check that and his temperature it will be a start x
Until you have some answers just sending you  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: (  one each)

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 07:36:18 AM »
Oh Emma
Don't really know what to say so
sending you this :-* and this :bigarmhug:
and hoping for things to improve.
steffxxx

Offline dawn

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 07:45:57 AM »
How are you this morning? Hope everything has improved and you've got some sleep.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Can you get to the vets today?

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 07:53:18 AM »
so sorry you had a tough time with Archie last night, hope things are better today, I agree that if he is unwell his guarding could escalate, Harry's does, it makes him very reactive to things and generally unpleasant to be around! (but I still love him  :luv:) To people who don't have a guardy dog it is hard to understand, but one of my biggest worries is that one of them would be sick while we are not here - as Ben just wants to eat it  :020: and Harry would guard it - so there would be a punch up - cockers eh!!

Will you be able to get Archie to a vet to see if he is unwell?

You have come so far with Archie it has been inspiring reading your posts, this is just a temporary blip  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: 

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 08:15:14 AM »
Just seen this, so sorry you've had a rough night with Archie  :bigarmhug:

My Odie wasn't a guarder as such, but he'd go into one of his "zones" if I went near any high value food or treats and he'd guard sick too, however I believe he was a poorly dog from day 1, not just when he was diagnosed with Addison's. 

Thinking about you today  :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »
How is he this morning? Xx
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:47 AM »
Well, my loveable rogue appeared in my room in the wee small hours, all cuddly and acting like nothing had happened. I went in to the lounge thismorning and, you guessed it, he cleaned up by himself.  :020: It has stayed down this time. I still think he may be under the weather but he could just be tired from all night guard duty.  ph34r I'm going to keep an eye on him during the day as our vet has an evening surgery. If he has another episode this evening then I'm definitely taking him in tomorrow. I've felt him all over and checked ears, teeth etc and can't find any source of pain so that's a relief too.
Thanks again everyone. It was a bit scary for a while there last night. Good job I had the iPad with me.  :luv:

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 09:03:40 AM »
Just seen this, and glad he seems to be better this morning. How bizarre the things they feel they have to guard eh? Although I suppose he did know you were going to take it away and he only had your word for it that you weren't going to eat it!

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 10:09:11 AM »
[quote  Although I suppose he did know you were going to take it away and he only had your word for it that you weren't going to eat it!
[/quote]
Wonderful!!
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 11:14:43 AM »
[quote  Although I suppose he did know you were going to take it away and he only had your word for it that you weren't going to eat it!
Wonderful!!
[/quote]

:005: :005:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »
Glad normal service is resumed  :luv:  Fingers crossed he's ok for the rest of today and settles back down again xxx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 03:56:10 PM »
Just seen this. So sorry you had a bad night with Archie. No suggestions but really hoping you both have an uneventful night tonight. Big hugs and lots of love. Diana