Author Topic: We've got our first agility class on Thursday ! Now 3 lessons in  (Read 10686 times)

Offline LunaBear

• Luna and Darwin <3
    • Luna and Darwin's Blog
Re: We've got our first agility class on Thursday ! Now 3 lessons in
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 10:23:32 AM »
Lunabear , I bet you'll have a great time . I was bit nervous about ernies first class but luckily there are other spaniels in the class and the instructor has cockers so she's used to their enthusiasm  :005:.

Let me know how you get on .

Luna did brilliant on her first class :luv: did a couple of different jump sequences on the lowest setting :D very proud mummy here
Bernie owned by Luna and Darwin <3

Luna and Darwin's Blog - http://lunabear14.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 10:06:57 PM »
Brilliant , well done Luna . Glad it all went well . Keep me posted on how you continue to get on , it will be good to compare notes  ;)

Offline LunaBear

• Luna and Darwin <3
    • Luna and Darwin's Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »
Brilliant , well done Luna . Glad it all went well . Keep me posted on how you continue to get on , it will be good to compare notes  ;)

I'm going to see if I can get someone to video our next training session for me to be able to look back on to see where she started at to where we end up later on :)
Bernie owned by Luna and Darwin <3

Luna and Darwin's Blog - http://lunabear14.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 07:02:54 AM »
So glad you are both enjoying it.  I gave up after 3 sessions with Miss J (even though I paid for 8) after it was obvious she just couldnt see the point in jumping over things when with just a leisurely paced detour she had to put no effort in to get to the other side!  The tunnel was seen as just somewhere to sit and at the age I am, had visions of somebody posting a photo of my backside sticking out the other side of the tunnel trying to get her out.

Chasing chickens / rabbits (anything that darts) and she is like a superstar greyhound and she would no doubt scale walls to get to them >:D but I havent yet found a class that covers that!

Keep going Ernie obviously is a natural!

Thank you , your post did make me smile  >:D

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 07:05:19 AM »
Well we've now been to 3 agility lessons and ernie is top of the class . He absolutely loves it , he's now jumping 3 jumps , a wall , jumping through the hanging tyre , we've started to learn the weaving poles and the a frame . It's the best activity we've done together , I can't recommend it enough ! Ernie is so excited when he's completed something new that he completes a victory lap past everyone at warp speed before returning to me for a play with his ball  :005:.
Last week the instructor commented that everything ernie does is done with huge enthusiasm and at at a million miles an hour ... So true cocker style then ! luv:.

:clapping: so glad to hear you're both loving it.
Will be looking out for a post next year to say you've entered your first show  ;)
Thank you I think we're both pretty addicted to agility now so look forward to doing a lot more