Author Topic: Please tell me it's not just me ?!  (Read 7105 times)

Offline Ernies mum

Please tell me it's not just me ?!
« on: June 29, 2016, 09:11:59 PM »
After making slow progress at our agility class ( we kept going over & over the same things as new people kept joining the group ) . We started a new class which was recommended by a friend .
Ernie & I have had 3 lessons with my friend & her dog & next week we join the group session ( there will only be four of us which will be fab ) .
The only problem is Ernie is super speedy & well quite frankly I'm not  :005:, we've been putting jumps together with tunnels & the a frame , but I'm finding it tricky to multi task between shouting the commands soon enough ie tunnel , running & putting my arm out to direct Ernie , rewarding over last obstacle with ball & this week we did front crosses & turns ... I ended up instructing Ernie over the wrong jump  . My friend seemed to be able to grasp it much quicker than me , although her dog is slower so she has more time to think . To be honest I felt like a bit of an idiot , the instructor was lovely & said not to worry & that I'd soon pick it up ... Please tell me it's not just me ?!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Please tell me it's not just me ?!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 09:17:03 PM »
just not just you  ;)      now you feel better and I won't go to heaven   :rofl1:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 09:43:08 PM »
just not just you  ;)      now you feel better and I won't go to heaven   :rofl1:

I said to my friend bet the instructor thought she'd got a right simpleton in the class  :005: :005:

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 10:06:25 PM »
It's definitely not just you! I've only recently started agility with my two and as they have got better and we are now doing runs of multiple pieces of equipment I mess up all the time :005: I often wonder what our instructor must think.  Rory especially is so quick I must look a right sight lagging behind trying to keep up! I just remind myself it's all for fun and laugh it off  :D
Emma, Pippa & Rory x

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
It's definitely not just you! I've only recently started agility with my two and as they have got better and we are now doing runs of multiple pieces of equipment I mess up all the time :005: I often wonder what our instructor must think.  Rory especially is so quick I must look a right sight lagging behind trying to keep up! I just remind myself it's all for fun and laugh it off  :D

It's now we've started to do front & back crosses ... Too much for my tiny brain to think about  :005:

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »

It's now we've started to do front & back crosses ... Too much for my tiny brain to think about  :005:

Same for me too  :005: hopefully one day soon we can keep up with our dogs....
The challenge this week I had was keeping Pippa off the A frame which she loves! She kept heading in its direction hoping for another go.  Then if a run did include the A frame she'd go into full "zoomie" mode and take off for a lap of honour after  :005:
Emma, Pippa & Rory x

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »

Same for me too  :005: hopefully one day soon we can keep up with our dogs....
The challenge this week I had was keeping Pippa off the A frame which she loves! She kept heading in its direction hoping for another go.  Then if a run did include the A frame she'd go into full "zoomie" mode and take off for a lap of honour after  :005:
Ha how funny , Ernie loves the A frame too . Last week I was stood next to it whilst the instructor was talking us through few things , next thing I knew Ernie was going solo up & down it , then when I called him back & told him to sit & wait he was so excited he kept " springing " from a sit til he was at eye level with me ... I suppose at least we know our dogs enjoy  it  :005: :005:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 09:07:26 PM »
I would not dream of agility with Teal unless I could hire a runner, our evening walk is about a mile for me and 10 for Teal
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 08:59:21 AM »
I would not dream of agility with Teal unless I could hire a runner, our evening walk is about a mile for me and 10 for Teal

Ha yes I know that feeling on a walk , the idea is that I get better at giving Ernie the commands so that I don't have to keep up & I can make short cuts around the course ... That's still working progress for me . This weeks homework is giving early commands & practicing wing wraps & front crosses . I've brought some traffic cones , a tunnel & a jump to practice in the garden . Last week we joined the group class .... Never let it be said that I'm not competitive but we can't be beaten by a miniature poodle  :005: :005:!