Author Topic: Rolo and Ronnie  (Read 2429 times)

Online bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Rolo and Ronnie
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 07:58:26 PM »
 :luv: :luv:

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 08:00:08 PM »
Awww bless him. They look so innocent when they're asleep  :luv: :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »
Oh my, what a honey!  That wee pink puppy tummy!!  Bless him.  :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 09:48:47 PM »
What a cutie, butter wouldn't melt  ;) :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mark_Reeve

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 05:42:34 AM »
He is a pretty boy even if I do say so myself. But then his brother Ronnie is quite the looker too. Photos of him will be soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 09:51:17 AM »
He's gorgeous.  :luv:

In answer to your whimpering question - crate training, as I understand it (I don't use crates but did research their use when I got my most recent pooch. I may be corrected if this is wrong!) means that you should set an alarm and get up BEFORE pup starts whining. They don't like messing in their bed so leaving them to make a noise can cause them to get distressed. It is meant to be helpful with toilet training as they don't mess until you take them outside.  My personal preference is to let pup have the run of somewhere safe (kitchen in my case) that is easily cleaned. Any overnight mess is quickly dealt with and pup doesn't get upset.
We had littermates when I lived with my parents. One mine, one my Dad's. They were very different dogs and I think we were lucky. We did train them separately and it WAS hard work but it can be OK. We also had no problems when I moved into my own house and they were separated at 5yrs old.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 10:57:51 AM »
He's an absolute poppet :luv: :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline AlanT

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
That boy on his back in the crate will be QUITE ENOUGH work.

It takes FOUR of us to keep up with this chap:

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 03:21:45 PM »
Oh bless him, another gorgeous boy :luv: :luv: I am loving his blonde top knot  :021:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline AlanT

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »
Mismarked!

Cross between Blue-Roan Dad and Golden Mum.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »
That boy on his back in the crate will be QUITE ENOUGH work.

It takes FOUR of us to keep up with this chap:

OMG he's gorgeous  :luv: but is anyone else reminded of Stripe, the naughty one in the film Gremlins??!!  ph34r Sorry Alan. I'm sure he's not in any way like him and is an absolute cherub!

Offline AlanT

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 05:02:47 PM »
I'm always fascinated at the size of his paws. Nearly the same as my wife's hand!

He's a SLOW runner but a great diver.

Offline Mark_Reeve

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »

Meet Ronnie; a little update - currently both are being little buggers; after about a week of good behaviour they have decided they want to destroy anything in their pen - I am assuming down to boredom/teething - hopefully soon to stop as Ronnie will be able to go on walks with rolo this week (finally - felt like an age). So we should be able to get him to burn some more energy.

Suggestions on getting them to chew their toys rather than their bed (like they did yesterday) would be good - they have chew toys, both tug type and Kong type toys. But they always go for the newspaper and towels :@.

Also what do you guys do to keep them amused they seem to get bored of their toys (and they have plenty to choose from). We have plastic bottles, kongs and tug toys but they only really seem interested for 5 minutes, and obviously they each want what the other has which doesn't help as rolo just gives up and stops playing. And then decides he wants to start play fighting with each ronnie which is fine for a few minutes but then they start charging about the place so we try and calm them down.

Other than they they are great, Rolo is getting used to walking on the lead and comes when he is called majority of the time and Ronnie comes when he is called, is a little more work on the lead but he is younger than rolo so that is to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 01:41:13 PM »
At this age I fond Henry didn't really play on his own much. He wanted someone to play with him - especially with tug toys! The exceptions were his squeaky rubber chicken and duck. He could pick them up and shake them around which he found very satisfying. The other good occupier is a cardboard box or tube to tear up.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline rubybella

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2016, 03:21:07 PM »
Unfortunately play fighting with each other and charging around the house together will always be way more fun than any toy !! I would be giving them chill out time on their own, in their own crate, not together.