Author Topic: Free Hunting  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Tornado

Free Hunting
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:39:07 PM »
Hi, we have not posted on here before but have read with interest the various topics being discussed. We got our first working cocker about 8 weeks ago at the age of 16 months. He was part trained and obeyed the stop and recall whistles. He now seems to have forgotten both the recall and stop whistle and is free hunting for himself. Could anyone recommend a good Gundog trainer in Essex?

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Free Hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 07:16:36 AM »
Hi,

When you collected your boy did the breeder/trainer also give you some lessons? Curious.....

John Keegan is in Essex although closer to London.  It would be worth contacting your area gun dog society who will have a list of trainers and of course there is he list of KC accredited trainers on the Kennel Club website  ;). I'm not in Essex but do have contacts if you need any further information  :D

Welcome to the wayward cocker spaniel club  :lol:

Jayne

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »
John Keegan is lovely (Geordieland Gundogs)  near St Albans, or Andy Waterhouse (Romanriver Gundogs) who is near Colchester.  I like them both.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Tornado

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 10:04:42 PM »
Hi Emilyoliver and Pearly,
Thanks both for your responses. As Romanriver Gundogs are not that far away from us I will give Andy a call and book some lessons. We also went back to the breeder today for another lesson and he has helped us a lot with the issue and provided some great guidance.

Offline rubybella

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 08:17:59 AM »
Rob Palmer at Seadogs Gundog Training based in Sudbury, Suffolk (I noted you must be Colchester area so he is not too far from you)