Author Topic: Coming in from the Garden  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Re: Coming in from the Garden
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 03:58:39 PM »
Our word to get Dylan's attention is 'right then'. He knows it means something nice is going to happen, like a walk, a brush, or food, and it gets him excited and ready for anything. I've just started using it to get him in from the garden, and so far it seems to be working, before he would just come when he was ready  >:D

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 04:23:28 PM »
Our word to get Dylan's attention is 'right then'. He knows it means something nice is going to happen, like a walk, a brush, or food, and it gets him excited and ready for anything. I've just started using it to get him in from the garden, and so far it seems to be working, before he would just come when he was ready  >:D

Lesley and Dylan

Yep 'right boys' does it for  the lads. Could be walkies, dinner, or anything else that they are happy with. The little twiddly noise Windows makes when it shuts down, has much the same effect at bed time. It is really amazing the little habits we get into isn't it.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
I can call Teal back from chasing a rabbit or blow the sit whistle and she will drop her rear onto the floor no problem, but the garden is different to be honest she will give me the finger sometimes.

Now I could get the whistle but there is a possibility that she will learn to ignore the whistle as she has learnt she can ignore being called in from the garden, how she has learnt this is pretty obvious when its peeing down, pitch black and I am in slippers and dressing gown I am reluctant to go into the garden and she knows this.
So its good old fashioned bribery for me. biscuit anyone  ;)
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly