Author Topic: Poorly old girl  (Read 8827 times)

Offline mymils

Re: Poorly old girl
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 09:04:54 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
lovely to have an update about Millie, so glad she is a little better in herself  :luv:

I think you are absolutely right to feed her whatever agrees with her and whatever she enjoys eating at this age, being in a similar position with Ben we worry less now about what is considered 'right' and just do what is needed to keep him happy at this stage of his life.   
Thinking of you, its difficult seeing them like this isn't it  :bigarmhug:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2017, 12:02:06 PM »
lovely to have an update about Millie, so glad she is a little better in herself  :luv:

I think you are absolutely right to feed her whatever agrees with her and whatever she enjoys eating at this age, being in a similar position with Ben we worry less now about what is considered 'right' and just do what is needed to keep him happy at this stage of his life.   
Thinking of you, its difficult seeing them like this isn't it  :bigarmhug:
^this...if she's enjoying the fish and seems comfortable
I'd just go with it.
Sending you and Millie :luv: lots of love xxx

Offline mymils

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »
It does seem that having fish has settled her tummy so will keep offering it to her. She's had another sleepy day. Thank you for being there xxx

Offline Sumava Cockers

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »
Glad to hear you've found something that agrees with her.  Well done.

and well done Millie,  keep it up old girl!
Sarka, Jon and Barnaby B

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2017, 11:32:29 AM »
I feel 100% that you are doing the right thing for her, it is about her quality of life, she is eating this fish and enjoys it, that is the most important thing - plus she is brighter.

You love her and with that comes the judgement to do the best for her.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline FrankieBlue

Poorly old girl
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 04:02:21 AM »
Sending you and Millie heaps of love and strength to help you through this difficult time. You are such a wonderful mum to her, she is so lucky to have you by her side when she needs it the most. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mymils

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 09:36:04 PM »
Just to say thank you everyone. Will let you know any changes with our Millie.xxxxx

Offline Sumava Cockers

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »
Mymils,

We hope that dear Millie is doing well with her new fish diet......  I would never have thought of trying that.  I guess you have to remove skin and rinse thoroughly in fresh water to reduce the salt content?

I was in our loft last night and found a full case of the tinned German made renal recipe food that our Betty found so agreeable.

We have a pretty definite road trip back to UK planned for June,  with the full-of-beans Barnaby riding shotgun this time.  Route will be through the tunnel from France, then M2 to London ( M25) over the millennium bridge then homeward up the A12 to the North Essex coast.   

We have no idea where you live, and although a long-shot,  if  you think it worth trying on Mills, and if you are anywhere near our route, or home,  we'll bring the case with us. ( its all dry stored and in perfect condition BTW).

Please PM us to advise.

Sarka, Jon and Barnaby B

Offline mymils

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
Thank you for your very kind offer for our  Millie :)  but we feel that she is getting weaker every day and probably we should be thinking of saying goodbye to her but she hasn't gone off her fish yet :) and wagged her tail today when we saw a friend. She's lost loads of weight but still manages to go to the toilet in the garden. She can't walk far but we took her out in the car today and I carried her "for a walk" I just don't want to say goodbye before I have too.
We live in the north of England so rather too far to travel but lovely  thought.
PS. Yes we have been buying frozen cod or Pollock fillets with no skin or bones and we rinse well before cooking. Seems a gentle diet up to now although Millie often has diarrhea  now.
 I think we have decided that when Millie no longer eats and can't manage the garden for her toilet then we'll ask the vet to come.  Sorry for long reply but it's very hard knowing what is the right thing to do for her xxx
PPS. We actually had some sun today and so put Millie's bed outside. She slept in the sunshine for a couple of hours, woke up and ate her tea !

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »
A little bit of sunshine makes us all feel better.  Thanks for the update.

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »
Sorry to read this glad hes enjoying her fish and little walks Thinking of you
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 08:58:16 PM »
Yes,  Make every day special.  Knowing days were running out, we drove seventy miles from Sheffield to the Yorkshire coast.  He ran and splashed about, wagging his tail merrily with the old sparkle in his eye, then slept all the way home. Better to be stimulated , happy and ill,than bored and ill.  I wish I could do the same with my father  in law , but sick people have to suffer far longer than we would allow for our pets .
Hugs to all xx,
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Sumava Cockers

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Very sad to hear that she's still declining.  More stressful for you than for the stoic Millie we guess.

So difficult to decide what's best in these situations.  We can only follow our hearts.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

J&S
Sarka, Jon and Barnaby B

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »
just wanted to say am thinking of you, sad times but hope she still has a little time with some sunny days. :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed