Author Topic: Butternut Box  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
Butternut Box
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »
I've just placed an order with Butternut Box - has anyone else tried this dog food? 

Grace is going to sample the lamb and chicken pouches starting from next Sunday when she gets her first delivery!

:)

Offline Theo961

• Donator
Re: Butternut Box
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
I haven't tried as happy with raw for reese, but must say it looks good!  :D I told my mum about it as her dog is hard to feed, she can go off foods she once liked very quickly.  >:D You will have to let us know what you and of course Grace thinks.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »
I will let you know what Grace thinks - hopefully it will help with her allergies! 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »
Not heard of it, but it does look good.  Be interesting to get Grace's opinion!

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
We have just received our first delivery of Butternut Box - I put the box on the kitchen floor and Grace was trying to dig into it!

The box contained lots of insulating material and ice packs and the food pouches were still frozen.  They included some printed materials and some transition pouches labelled day 1 through 7.  So for day 1 and 2 she has 10%, day 3 and 4 50%, day 5 and 6 75% and then for day 7 onward the full size pouches.  I thought this was a really nice added extra which saves me splitting the pouches during the first few days.

Grace will have her 10% day 1 pouch tomorrow and hopefully she will enjoy that as much as she did digging into the box! 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »
That sounds like a good start!  Impressed with how it has been laid out for the transition, very clever and thoughtful.  Hope Grace enjoys it now.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 02:09:34 PM »
Grace has now been on Butternut Box for a week - and she loves it! 

I know Grace will generally eat anything - but she double and triple licks her bowl clean with this food! 

The food smells lovely too, and there has not been a single tummy upset!  She is on the lamb and chicken pouches as she cannot have beef or turkey due to allergies.  The lamb pouches also have turmeric which is said to be good for the skin.

The people at Butternut Box have been really helpful too and I cannot fault them or the food!! :)

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 08:34:21 PM »
That's good to know, glad she likes it. :D
My mum has now placed an order for her dog, they were very good to deal with, they answered all her questions and have been very helpful.  Pixie is so picky  its quite normal for her not to eat something she once loved for a while, it's a good to know you can pause/stop delivery if need be too.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 05:28:56 PM »
That's good to know, glad she likes it. :D
My mum has now placed an order for her dog, they were very good to deal with, they answered all her questions and have been very helpful.  Pixie is so picky  its quite normal for her not to eat something she once loved for a while, it's a good to know you can pause/stop delivery if need be too.

Hopefully, Pixie will like the food - it would be nice to know how she gets on. 
I still intend on giving Grace something different every now and then for variety, but other than that I will stay with Butternut Box.
Grace is normally very gassy at both ends - she is still burping after every meal (normally right in my face!), but the other end is strangely quiet - if she stretches there is an escape of air, but no smell which is great!  She has also had bowel issues on and off over the past year with being a bit too loose at times, but everything she passes now is perfect!