Author Topic: Boudicca Diary  (Read 8555 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Boudicca Diary
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 01:08:40 PM »
She's a beautiful girl! :luv:

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
She looks lovely! Good luck with sorting her out.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 07:59:13 PM »
a beautiful girl  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
What a beautiful girlie you have  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
What a pretty girl, big difference from the wee dog that was on the Many Tears website. Well done. X

Offline Groover

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 10:11:34 AM »
She is now barking at visitors to the house - becoming more territorial. Also she now darts through doorways, usually shoving me out of the way!  :lol:

We tried again taking her for a walk but she just shakes and lies down. That is going to take some time I think.

Yesterday she used the bathroom as... well, a bathroom. At least it's easy clean up on tiles.

After a week she is only now starting to explore the entire garden on her own rather than just sticking to where the other dogs are. We still need to be outside somewhere though - she hates being outside without us.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »
She's a beauty  :luv:.  Enjoying reading how she is blossoming, she is lucky to find such a patient and understanding home.

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »
She is really beautiful and I am sure time will bring her along even more.......you mentioned her sight, sometimes these poor babies eyes struggle because they have been housed in sheds etc without light.

You can always mentioned it to MT
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »
She is lovely x  :luv: :luv: do you have any neighbours with a friendly jolly dog that you could walk with?  It might give her the confidence to go outside.

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 12:39:10 PM »
The walking will come with patient persistence. We had just the same with Annie. Sometimes helps if you carry her out a short way and then see if she will walk back to home and safety. If the other dogs are with you and she sees them having fun - only a matter of time before she wants to join in.

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 03:45:39 PM »
What a beautiful girl.   :luv:  Well done to you for adopting her.  Its very early days but the signs are good that she is beginning to settle with you.  I'm sure you kindness and patience will reap the rewards in time.

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
Oh it was so lovely reading about your little girl, :luv: it will be 3 years in April since we adopted Megan from MT
( Mega's Diary part 1 & 2) she has got us wrapped around her paws all 4 of them  :lol2:
sounds like you will will be wrapped around hers soon as well.
Wish we could say that Meg's is going for walks now, still to terrified to go near the front door,
but boy does she rule the house and garden. I shall be looking forward to reading all about her
progress, Time will help her to blossom into a very happy little girl.
We have found adopting a X puppy farm dog brings a lot of Love and joy into our lives,
to see them bloom is wonderful.

Offline Groover

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »
Thanks again for the kind comments and encouragement!

We have decided to try to get her use to the leash in the living room. We have it attached to her collar then tempt her with some treats that she really likes. She is currently doing the commando crawl and occasionally standing up. Once in a while she pulls back and fights to get loose but we just wait for it to pass and then continue with the treats.

She has really bonded with my wife, not very much with me. She follows my wife around, listens to her giving commands to 'go potty' but for me, well... she is too distracted trying to see where my wife is.

Today was two weeks since she was spayed so we could finally wash her. She smelt pretty rank and she has taken to sleeping on my wife's head.  :005: I gave the bath and she hated it. Was shaking, trying to get out, etc. I expected that. She didn't even like being dried. After I dried her I took our other two dogs for a walk. Unbeknownst to me she then went on her first zoomie.  :lol2:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »
things are looking up if the " zoomies" are putting in an appearance. I wonder if it might be worth a try that you give better treats than your wife  in order to gain Boudicca 's trust.  If i had to choose between a dry biscuit or cheese/ham  :shades:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »
What great progress - I'd interpret zoomies as a very positive step in the right direction!! :luv:
I think fixation on one person is quite understandable at first, for any dog but especially one with an insecure past but at this rate, she sounds like she's going to be bouncing around like any other family dog before long! Well done, you're obviously doing a great job!