Author Topic: Thankyou so far.....  (Read 827 times)

Offline RobinRed

Thankyou so far.....
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:34:46 AM »
Thank you so far...to the many contributors to COL.  with your help we have survived six weeks since Harry (now 15 weeks) joined us and our old girl (Missi 13 years). we only found the forum about 6 weeks ago. Since then I have read many many pages of the forum, some when I've been close to tears when dealing with my baby cockerdile and again when he was very poorly last week with gastroenteritis. You have helped us with so much from nipping (puncture wounds and blood), house training,  diawotsits through to getting a happy relationship between our beautiful old girl who really has the best temperament and our very handsome young boy.

This morning I felt quite emotional as I took both for their first ever morning walk together and they behaved perfectly - well as perfectly as such as mismatched pair could 😊. Up until yesterday I'd been separating them most of the time because they seemed so aggressive towards each other and this was really upsetting because I really want Missi to enjoy the rest of her life peacefully  -  so I searched the forum and read every post I could find on mixing new with old. I took your advice and left them to totally get on with it and like magic after about half an hour we had two relaxed cockers lying side by side in the kitchen.

We're not through the woods yet, it took Missi about 10 years to grow up, but we have got two cockers who can walk side by side, noses to the ground with tails wagging - what more could we want??

Thankyou!

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Re: Thankyou so far.....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:10:17 AM »
What a lovely post - they all get there in the end.  It just takes some longer than others!   ;)
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »
That's lovely to read that you are starting to enjoy your new addition.  :D

Most of us have been there and wondered what we have done - those first few weeks and months are challenging to say the least!  >:D  However, the puppy stage goes so fast I would say try and enjoy it  ;)

Glad they are making friends at last and hopefully your pup will be a lovely companion for Missi  :luv:

Photos are compulsory though   :shades: :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:13:59 AM »
and its the little moments where you take a step back and consider how far you‘ve come, that make it all worth while. Its about celebrating the successes and ignoring the  non successes ( we don‘t ever fail). Enjoy your little family and keep us updated!!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »
most of us old girls have annoying little brothers  :005: but we learn't to get along eventually.
Glad we have been part of your early days trials. Look forward to further adventures and manning the helplines  :rofl1:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----