Author Topic: Cut or bite...  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Macette

• Lexi
Cut or bite...
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:29:23 PM »
Has anyone seen this before... Lexi was licking her paw this morning and I have no idea what this is, could it be an insect bite ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Macette

• Lexi
Re: Cut or bite...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
I have cut some hair away this is the top of her paw...

Offline ips

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:35:45 PM »
No pic on last post. First pic difficult to see on my phone but it does look more like an insect night than an injury..
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:38:54 PM »
That’s good to know should I cover it she is licking like mad. Worried she will infect it... I zoomed in a bit

Offline ips

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:58:01 PM »
Not sure what to advise to be honest, I am no expert on such things. Is there definitely nothing in it ??

If it was me and I was confident there was nothing in the wound I would apply some antiseptic and just keep an eye on it.

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »
Not sure what to advise to be honest, I am no expert on such things. Is there definitely nothing in it ??

If it was me and I was confident there was nothing in the wound I would apply some antiseptic and just keep an eye on it.
Thanks Ips, I have put some antiseptic cream on and put a sock on to save some licking can’t see it staying on to long but will keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
My Labrador once had something similar looking, she had a thorn that had gone into her paw (underneath) between her pads and then worked it's was up and when we spotted it she had developed a hole between her toes and inside was the thorn.  We removed it, treated it and it cleared up quickly.  It's probably worth giving the vets a ring though, could it also be a grass seed??
Emma, Pippa & Rory x

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »
I worried about grass seed but holding open I can’t see anything in it hopefully she has licked it out. But since I put sock on she is not bothering with it. When I had tape on it she was chewing mad. So will put more cream on later and check it. Very odd on top of her paw that’s why I thought bite...

Offline ips

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:40:45 PM »
Yes I thought grass seed but dismissed the theory due to it being on top. As ling as wound is clear and clean I would think it would heel pretty quick. Eze had a cut on her back last week (barbed wire I think) we put some tea tree oil mixed with aqueous cream on it and it heeled within a couple of days.
As an aside, when you consider what cockers get up too its a wonder there not cut and bitten or whatever more often. I have had eze in cover (bramble and the sort) and making an entry were there is none and wonder how on earth she came out unscathed . Hardy things cockers 👍

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 01:45:01 PM »
I know what you mean.. just trying to see what she’s eating is enough. I have tea tree will try that was worried it might sting... lol

Offline ips

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 01:49:43 PM »
I don't think it stings (if mixed with aqueous cream) . We use it for all manner of ailments and it seems to be very good as a natural remedy

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 01:51:48 PM »
I don’t have or know what the aqueous cream is but I will try the tea tree maybe with a bit of water first...

Offline ips

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »
Its a base cream that most cosmetic creams are based on, in its pure form it is unscented and fairly tasteless. Its very cheap and available at chemist or big supermarket. Handy stuff for all manner of things human or canine 👍

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »
That’s very interesting, must investigate that. The stuff you learn here... thanks ips [emoji106]

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 02:03:41 PM »
I'd mix the tea tree oil with something aswell,  preferably a cream, - its brilliant stuff but used pure it can occasionally cause a reaction. Hope it clears up soon, it looks sore!