Author Topic: Cut or bite...  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Macette

• Lexi
Re: Cut or bite...
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 02:06:33 PM »
Yes that’s a good idea I have a general antiseptic cream. Doesn’t seem to be sore. I hope so too [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
It could also be mites (harvest ones are around at the moment).  If you have any Thornit Ear Powder, that works well too.

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »
Yes I do have thornit will keep an eye and see if any more show up [emoji106]

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 05:34:17 PM »
Looks like a grass seed that has come out to me. Archie had one earlier in the summer in exactly the same place. He often picks them up between his paws on the top and I check after every walk but must have missed this one. He was licking so I was washing with hibiscrub and as I did it popped out. I whipped him to the vet for a steroid injection and some anti bs. He has a problem with overlicking causing a nasty sore (acral lick granuloma if you fancy a google  ;) I am battling one at the moment - and losing. Steroids not working and his yoga skills to get around his collar are impressive  >:(

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 06:07:08 PM »
Looks like a grass seed that has come out to me. Archie had one earlier in the summer in exactly the same place. He often picks them up between his paws on the top and I check after every walk but must have missed this one. He was licking so I was washing with hibiscrub and as I did it popped out. I whipped him to the vet for a steroid injection and some anti bs. He has a problem with overlicking causing a nasty sore (acral lick granuloma if you fancy a google  ;) I am battling one at the moment - and losing. Steroids not working and his yoga skills to get around his collar are impressive  >:(
Yes..after seeing pics of grass seeds in paws that’s Just what it does look like. I have just removed her sock and put more cream on with a little tea tree and it already looks less red and no swelling so far. I don’t know if she has licked it out or if it has travelled. She does not seem to want to lick or chew at it at the moment. So will check again in the morning...all the years and all the dogs I have never had this happen before. I’m thinking of buying spaniel boots....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 06:11:12 PM »
Yes..after seeing pics of grass seeds in paws that’s Just what it does look like. I have just removed her sock and put more cream on with a little tea tree and it already looks less red and no swelling so far. I don’t know if she has licked it out or if it has travelled. She does not seem to want to lick or chew at it at the moment. So will check again in the morning...all the years and all the dogs I have never had this happen before. I’m thinking of buying spaniel boote....

😂😂 I know JUST what you mean!!

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
Yes..after seeing pics of grass seeds in paws that’s Just what it does look like. I have just removed her sock and put more cream on with a little tea tree and it already looks less red and no swelling so far. I don’t know if she has licked it out or if it has travelled. She does not seem to want to lick or chew at it at the moment. So will check again in the morning...all the years and all the dogs I have never had this happen before. I’m thinking of buying spaniel boote....

😂😂 I know JUST what you mean!!

Me too!!

When Archie’s seed popped out he went absolutely MENTAL with the licking. I didn’t see any sign of and entry hole but it looked just like your pic. once it was out so I’m guessing you are now seed free.

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 06:25:24 PM »

[emoji23][emoji23] I know JUST what you mean!!

Me too!!

When Archie’s seed popped out he went absolutely MENTAL with the licking. I didn’t see any sign of and entry hole but it looked just like your pic. once it was out so I’m guessing you are now seed free.
Oh that is just what I want to hear... I really hope so , I suppose if it heals over the next couple of days it should be ok... I will keep her sock on for a day just in case. I will post the progress...thank you cocker owners for your vast knowledge. So glad I posted..

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 08:35:03 AM »
Before bed I checked lexi’s paw covered the hole with anticeptic cream mixed with a drop or two of tea tree and kept the sock on overnight...So happy to report the hole in lexi’s paw has completely closed. So gave the foot wash in warm water and few drops of tea tree and left her sock off...all is good so relieved [emoji28] many thanks for the helpful advice.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »
That's great! Quite satisfying when home remedies work!!

Offline ips

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
Before bed I checked lexi’s paw covered the hole with anticeptic cream mixed with a drop or two of tea tree and kept the sock on overnight...So happy to report the hole in lexi’s paw has completely closed. So gave the foot wash in warm water and few drops of tea tree and left her sock off...all is good so relieved [emoji28] many thanks for the helpful advice.

That's great, always a worry when they have even the slightest injury 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.