Author Topic: Ozzy is suddenly weeing indoors.....  (Read 3315 times)

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
Re: Ozzy is suddenly weeing indoors.....
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »
Don't know the answer to the first question.  As to the second, yes they have discounted diabetes, Cushings and more illnesses and conditions that I can remember!  He was drinking a lot, but that is caused by the dilute urine, kidneys inability concentrate his urine so as to return water to his bloodstream, hence slight dehydration, hence drinking more!  He's now on the antibiotics in case of a low grade, undetectable urine, bladder or kidney infection, and I have to get some more urine samples when they are finished.  Still weeing copious amounts very frequently, so I suspect that things wont change much, we shall see.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »
Just a quick update on Ozzy's condition.  Just after I wrote the last post, and having collected the antibiotics, Ozzy developed some sort of tummy bug so the antibiotics had to to wait until he was over that.  Anyway, long story short, after it had cleared up then he had the antibiotics, then 3 wee samples on the trot which turned out to be normal.  Soooo, no diagnosis as such, but a very low grade kidney or urine infection was suspected, which responded to the antibiotics, and he's been signed off.  However, I'm still not convinced that he's over whatever it was because he seems to have started weeing copious amounts again over the last week or so, so I think another trip to the vet may soon be on the horizon.  We shall see.

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2018, 04:49:15 PM »
Mali started with the same thing and was diagnosed quite quickly with cushings disease. She's treated with a daily dose of apoquel. I hope you can find a solution for Jess soon x
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2018, 07:31:22 PM »
one of our staffies had cushings. She was drinking huge amounts of water and  peeing great lakes of very diluted pee. almost clear water.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----