Author Topic: Electronic shock collars  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Electronic shock collars
« on: January 20, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »

http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9277800906811993604427606393315&tId=97226454

Not sure if this is the right place.  Received email from the Kennel Club with a letter we can forward to our MSP to make our feelings known in the upcoming debate on this awful device. If you feel able to copy and paste the letter it can be emailed to your MSP, for those in Scotland. The link will find your MSP. I presume those of you in England may have received the same email? If not you could still harass (oops Imean petition) an MP in Scotland :-)

Lesley and Dylan, who has an ordinary soft collar
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Electronic shock collars
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 10:01:11 PM »
This is the reply I have had from my MSP, a man paid to have public positions:

Hi David and Lesley,
I am sympathetic to what is being sought here.
However, as the convener of the committee which would consider any legislation in this area I need to be careful in being seen to take a public position on the matter.
Therefore i won’t be attending the lobbying session or taking part in the debate.
I hope you understand.
Graeme

Thinking about where to go with this  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 01:17:03 PM »
Those who promote them should be required to wear them.

Offline hoover

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »

Hi David and Lesley,
However, as the convener of the committee which would consider any legislation in this area I need to be careful in being seen to take a public position on the matter.
Therefore i won’t be attending the lobbying session or taking part in the debate.
I hope you understand.
Graeme

Can you ask him who participates on the committees he convenes and then contact them?

I can understand as convener he may not be allowed to voice opinions or risk jeopardizing any legislation or setting it back to square one when the opposing side claims he did not have impartiality required of his role.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 01:20:38 PM »

Hi David and Lesley,
I hope you understand.

What a coward!!!  >:D

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 01:38:41 PM »

Hi David and Lesley,
I hope you understand.
Graeme

Good idea Hoover. I have just emailed him asking who will be at the debate that we can contact. Very disappointing, especially in view of all the furore at the moment in Scotland about smacking, I wonder if he has views on that.

Can you ask him who participates on the committees he convenes and then contact them?

I can understand as convener he may not be allowed to voice opinions or risk jeopardizing any legislation or setting it back to square one when the opposing side claims he did not have impartiality required of his role.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
Got the list of the regional MSPs, so have emailed them all, so fingers crossed. The parliamentary system up here is a bit confusing!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
Can you tell me where you found the list and I will do the same. Including that particular numpty. Thank you.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 07:17:26 PM »
Not in Scotland................but I would also send to Nicola Sturgeon, saw her speaking on TV on Sunday and told hubby who works for Scottish company that we showed relocate- very impressed.....sadly everytime he heads up there it rains or snows(so now you know who to blame :005:) so me thinks it's south of the border

What a moran that MSP is  >:D >:D >:D
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 07:36:54 PM »
Emails have been flying between us and Graeme Dey today :-). He has explained why he cannot comment in the debate, there is apparently a difference between constituency MSPs and regional MSPs. He is our only consitutence MSP, we have several regional ones, and I have emailed all of them. As an English person,living here it's a bit different to down south  ;)

Our area of Angus south has Graeme Dey  (SNP) as our constituency MSP, all the rest are tories,, labour or libs, so how this works out in practice who knows  :shades:. At least the man is replying to all our emails :-)

I think you have to reside in a constituency to address the particular MSP.

And Jaysmum, my OH is a Scot, we met in Rome and lived in England for 30 years, and all our holidays up here were wet remember the drought of 76, we got rained out of our tent). So we moved up here in 2002 and the sun has shone ever since  :lol2:. Seriously, I wouldn’t move back to England. And Nicola talks a lot of sense. At least she's not a parrot  :lol2:
Here is the link in the email:

Parliamentary rules mean that MSPs can only take up issues on behalf of their constituents, so you may wish to make sure your regional MSPs also know your views. You can find their details by entering your postcode at http://www.parliament.scot/msps.aspx.
I know a number of SNP colleagues who will be speaking in the debate and articulating the concerns that you have put forward. I hope that satisfies your concern.
If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Regards,
Graeme

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 07:38:42 PM »
Not in Scotland................but I would also send to Nicola Sturgeon, saw her speaking on TV on Sunday and told hubby who works for Scottish company that we showed relocate- very impressed.....sadly everytime he heads up there it rains or snows(so now you know who to blame :005:) so me thinks it's south of the border

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »

Here in Angus for the past couple of weeks we have had cold frosty mornings with beautiful blue skies and crisp sunny days, glorious walks on the beach and in the woods, and hardly any snow.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 09:58:38 PM »
Just a bit further North than Angus we've enjoyed very similar weather. It's brilliant when you first step outside and your nose twitches and your eyes start watering.  :005:

On the subject of the shock collar and following on last year's u turn on tail docking, Dot and I, along with our daughter, have cancelled our SNP memberships.
I don't think it'll make the slightest bit of difference but we just can't continue to support a party that allows cruelty to animals and seems to have become very anti-dog of late.  >:D

Bob.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 09:09:26 AM »
Here,s the conclusion of his emails, so,watch this space!

'.I am optimistic that under this Scottish Government significant progress will be made on this issue'