Author Topic: All grown up?  (Read 589 times)

Offline caroline0879

• Site Member
All grown up?
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:39:26 AM »
Hi all hope you don't get bored reading this but Grace who is 2 on the 9 June has recently stopped "bouncing off the walls" since the day we brought her home she has been a mini tournado.  The only time we've ever been able to take photo's of her is when she was knackered and was asleep or falling asleep.  we have always had her on a low protein diet and given her lots of excersise but just recently not only has she been calmer in the house she would rather walk round with me on the park than run and play with her friends - is this norm for new adult cockers or should I be worried?   

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Re: All grown up?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 08:53:20 PM »
Ruling out any illness - I'd say Grace was growing up!  I wish Ben would at times but I've been assured that I will miss all this puppy exuberance once it calms down (yeah right) :lol:

Ben was off colour the other day and went for a 6 month old pup ph34r  He too was walking with me very calmly although off lead, I know he was tired as we had been out for 2 x 2 hour walks in the day but this was his evening stroll which he had nagged me for.  The next day he had the runs so I think he was just feeling rotten.  Hopefully this is just the human like stage where children stop running round the playground and calm down a bit?

Let me know if this carries on as I would like to see a light at the end of this energetic tunnel!

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:41:30 PM »
she would rather walk round with me on the park than run and play with her friends - is this norm for new adult cockers or should I be worried?   

Both of mine became like this as adults. They are happy to have a quick sniff with other dogs but prefer to be off sniffing scents and chasing after balls than actually playing with them. I prefer it this way too, it means I can have a proper walk instead of just hanging about.   :lol:

Offline caroline0879

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 08:47:18 AM »
Sorry I should have mentioned she is def not ill her appetite is normal and other wise she is bright and her eyes are bright and pooh is fine.  It continued this morninging when we saw Cosmo a Border terrier she has known since puppy classes they alway run around like mad things whilst his mum and I have a natter but today she just ran for about 10 mins then came back to me - I suppose after reading some of the stories on here and DP I should be over the moon that this is the only worry she has ever caused me (So Far)