Author Topic: When does adolescence end?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline JoaDean

• Site Member
Re: When does adolescence end?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 10:38:37 PM »
Max is 16 months old, we have had him for 3 months and people keep telling me that a cocker wont start to calm doen until  they are about 4 (frightening!!!!)  Saw one today aged 8 and he was as wild a Mad Max  >:(

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »
Max is 16 months old, we have had him for 3 months and people keep telling me that a cocker wont start to calm doen until  they are about 4 (frightening!!!!)  Saw one today aged 8 and he was as wild a Mad Max  >:(

I ask every cocker owner I meet the same question - and get the same answer  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 09:13:26 AM »
Daisy was a grotty teenager until the age of about 16/17 months, definitely had her baseball cap on backwards, spitting in the street,swearing at old ladies - general stuff really  ph34r ph34r :005:

Then I suddenly noticed that I wasn't quite so exasperated as i had been before.  She still has 'moments'  where 'recall' becomes an unknown word (as witnessed by the members on the NF COL walk when the pheasant was much more exciting then me!!(what has my life come to when I'm being compared to a pheasant by a cocker ph34r))

So I would say by the age of 2 you should start to see a difference!  As for the mad 8 yr old - I wonder if he gets enough exercise and stimulation??  Daisy is mental - like the duracell bunny goes on and on and on, but if she's had a good walk, some decent grub and a belly rub she is not hyper and will often fall asleep  :luv: :luv: :luv:

So I reckon Dill is about 8 months old.......................................................................................................................

12 MORE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

just kidding - he's bloody lovely (even compared to a ferret   :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 10:59:34 PM »
Billy is 2 years and 7 months old and he's still a nutter  :005: :005:

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 09:13:52 AM »
So when does this 'Kevin' stage start? I hope OH doesn't see this - his name is Keven  :005: Pepsi is 15 months and apart from being really exxcitable when when we get visitors and being generally a Cocker she's really not too bad. I certainly don't feel exasperated by her  :D