Author Topic: any suggestions for a non destructable toy  (Read 3844 times)

Offline fifer

• Site Member
Re: any suggestions for a non destructable toy
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »
Hey c'mon folks, this is Cockers we're talking about,  :luv: them to bits or get  >:( at them, it makes no difference!   >:D They are still toy terminators - maybe Kong manufacturers should have hired our Briar before they boasted that their product was indestructible!!!  :005:  Maybe we should all get together and challenge them to prove it for a fat fee, with proceeds going to Cocker Rescue???  ;)
Spaniels In Need

Offline denyW

• Site Member
  • Holly/ Amber/ Holly and Amber
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »
Heyyyyyyyyyyy, now thats an excellent idea fifer....... anyone got an address...........
Dee

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 10:23:35 AM »
I got our two a Pup Treads tyre for Christmas and some Link Rings from PAH that said virtually indestructible on the label.  Well I have to report, that after almost 5 days of constant chewing by both girls, they are still totally intact and almost unmarked by canine teeth.  These girls can disembowel a cuddly toy in seconds flat between them and destroy any squeeky toy until it can squeek no longer, in seconds.  I have also found the Kongs to be good as they haven't managed to destroy those yet either and they have had them ages.

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Jenny

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 11:42:59 AM »
Barney's kong is about the only thing that he can't destroy, although he has recently managed to nibble the bottom where the hole is and has started knawing at the rubber.  He also only takes a few mins to get all the stuffing out, even if its frozen.. We bought him 'tough toys' from PAH but they weren't tough enough for him!  They last about half an hour then go in the bin!  He just LOVES chewing!

Penel

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 12:58:23 PM »
Lola chewed up one of those tyre toys in about 10 minutes - the large one... I took it back as I had discussed it with the pet shop owner before I bought it - he said he'd give me a refund if she chewed it up  ::) surpise surprise she did.  And yet, soft toys, she never ever damages them  :-*

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 03:14:39 PM »
Not indestructable, but I still swear by pigs ears wrapped up in rags with lots of knots tied.
I hide them round the house and get the boys to find them.
usually keeps them quiet for about 15 minutes.
Mark

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Mollie.Ladie

• Site Member
  • Mmmm I love cockers!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 03:16:41 PM »
Have you tried rope toys?  Now that I think about it though, they may be easily torn apart.  I've never really had any trouble with Mollie chewing things up.  I guess I got lucky!  Shes not interested in tearing anything up that is hard for her to tear up  :lol:  Good luck with the indestructable toy search! :D
Mollie&Christina

*Love at first sight.!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »
Alfie and Tilly are very destructive with toys and don't so much play with them as just rip them to shreds in the shortest possible time. They love cuddly toys but they last all of 5 minutes so they have a selection of kongs and nylabones but Alfie's all time favourite is his babble ball. He loves it and it's made of really hard plastic so it has some teeth marks in it but is still in one piece  :D

Rope toys are a disaster, again they love them but they shred them to pieces so I end up finding thousands of multicoloured threads everywhere for days... including in their poo  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 05:03:52 PM »
I got our two a Pup Treads tyre for Christmas and some Link Rings from PAH that said virtually indestructible on the label.  Well I have to report, that after almost 5 days of constant chewing by both girls, they are still totally intact and almost unmarked by canine teeth.  These girls can disembowel a cuddly toy in seconds flat between them and destroy any squeeky toy until it can squeek no longer, in seconds.  I have also found the Kongs to be good as they haven't managed to destroy those yet either and they have had them ages.

I posted about this not long ago and ended up getting a pup treads tyre, it's still in one piece but only because he won't play with it!  So as spanielcrazy said whats the fun if they can't destroy it? ::)  Now we use nylabones and rawhide chews when someones there to watch him and kongs stuffed with food when on his own.  He's 8 months so beyond the teething stage, he just loves to chew, the little git got hold of my contrceptive pills the other night but luckily was more interested in chewing the packet than eating the pills  :P

Millie

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
Rope toys are a disaster, again they love them but they shred them to pieces so I end up finding thousands of multicoloured threads everywhere for days... including in their poo  :005:
We have a tug rope that has lasted five spaniels and many a game of tug o' war. It was made using about two feet of half inch braided cotton boat rope, tying a knot in each end and fraying the ends to make tassels. It's so tightly braided the dogs don't seem to be able to do any teeth flossing with it  ;) or pull it apart at all. The tassels are only a tiny bit chewed.  I just stick it in the washing machine with the dog towels every do often. It's not as colourful as the shop ones -but its still going strong and will be around long after Fern.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline denyW

• Site Member
  • Holly/ Amber/ Holly and Amber
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 09:00:05 PM »
 :shades:
Well thanks a lot all of you you have given me food for thought and i shall endeavour to find Holly a toy she cant shred,eat,chew,disfigure, remove stuffing whether i buy or make one. When I am successful I will post the result.... ;) just dont hold your breath it might be a while... :005:
Happy New Year to you all at COL.....
Dee,Steve and Holly the terminator... :angel:

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »
Molly would destroy all toys, tennis balls, fluffy toys, tuggies, babble ball and plastic squeakies ...  they just have to remove the squeak ...the only things Molly and all of mine don't destroy is Kongs as others have said plus the Latex Rubber toys which seem to last for ages Tessa the rottie has had her latex chicken for a couple of years now and three cockers later it's still going strong they also have a pig and a dragon plus some ball shaped ones with long tails which they play tug with and are still ok, the squeak in then is a lot quieter so they don't try to remove them, they play with them a lot and seem to enjoy them, also I save OH's old socks and knot them together for a tuggy toy.

But I  must say their toy box is overflowing with fluffy toys and such that they had for Christmas and they have so far only pulled the stuffing out of one ... they wont last for long though ...
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline Lumi

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »
Our longest lasting toys are a Nylabone (for strong chewers) and a rope ball - from Pets at Home.

The ball is great because it is really lasting a long time. He has "scuffed" it so little threads stick up but it's way more indestructable than the normal tug. We consider it our best buy for Dyl as everything else gets detroyed within 5/10 minutes and this ball has lasted at least a couple of months!

Offline Mollie.Ladie

• Site Member
  • Mmmm I love cockers!
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »
Our longest lasting toys are a Nylabone (for strong chewers) and a rope ball - from Pets at Home.

The ball is great because it is really lasting a long time. He has "scuffed" it so little threads stick up but it's way more indestructable than the normal tug. We consider it our best buy for Dyl as everything else gets detroyed within 5/10 minutes and this ball has lasted at least a couple of months!

I've seen those before! I think I'm gonna go get Mollie one of those-it looks like it would be truly indestructable :D
Mollie&Christina

*Love at first sight.!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 07:01:08 PM »
I bought my two one of those 'pup treads' toy tyre things at PAH yesterday afternoon and so far it's lasted 24 hours which is good going for a toy in this house so I have high hopes of it maybe even making it to the weekend!  :shades:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/