Author Topic: I really need your help with pipin  (Read 3735 times)

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
Re: I really need your help with pipin
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 01:07:38 PM »
Oh Kelly good luck with her! Im so pleased that she is now staying with you and you can work together to sort all of her problems out. She is the same age as Maudie and they push the boundaries constantly. Im not sure if you have said before but is she crate trained? This may be an option if you have to leave her for short periods of time. But if she isnt I would imagine to introduce it you would just leave if with the door open with her bed and toys in it. Once used to it shut the door for 5 mins and slowly introduce it that way. Good luck with everything though and I hope she recovers soon from her trauma!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »
Just read this thread through from the start.  Poor Pippin and poor you.  I hope she's home knot and pain free soon poor little girl.  Good luck with the trainer too.
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Ailsa

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 01:32:43 PM »
I hope that Pippin is OK and that you get on better with her training. You have been given lots of good advice above and you seem to be getting her more walks which is good. Have you tried more stimulating toys for her - the ones that you put treats in - to keep her occupied when you are not there?

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 01:53:44 PM »
I hope that Pippin is OK and that you get on better with her training. You have been given lots of good advice above and you seem to be getting her more walks which is good. Have you tried more stimulating toys for her - the ones that you put treats in - to keep her occupied when you are not there?
Or make your own toys like stuffed socks etc!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 02:19:37 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that she was worse than you thought, but i'm glad she's on the road to recovery and back with her mummy now. :luv:

It must be horrible to have the illness that you have, but don't feel guilty, missing the occasional walk or having shorter walks is something all dogs have to put up with sometimes, and company is far more important to them. I hope having her back with you helps you to feel better too.

Playing stimulating games indoors with her when you can't manage a walk is a wonderful idea, and its amazing how tired they get from playing! Take people up on offers to walk her too, i know i'd love to walk another dog with Jarvis if i knew any other dog owners who needed help. :blink:

Wishing you both feel much better soon. :D
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline kelly-joy

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 04:29:22 PM »
Hi thanks for your replies. I have just got Pipin back and everything went well she seems a little dopey but thats to be expected. I have to take her back in two weeks time to have her stiches removed but that should be it then.I will keep you all updated on how she goes.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 04:57:13 PM »
Hurrah.  Glad things went well at the vet today  :D  Things can only improve for Pipin from now on - let's hope it is a new start for you both.  ;)  Sad that she could have got into such a state so quickly - that woman obviously did not have a clue how to look after her  >:(

Best of luck with her  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
aww bless her little heart ..sending as many positive and healing thoughts as I can ...for both of you x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline MillicentWight

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 07:57:45 PM »
I am sure that nobody would  in anyway blame you for this situation as you cannot help your illness and you did what you thought was going to be best for Pipin. What an awful decision to have to make at all and it is not your fault that it turned out as it has.
In some ways I can relate with your situation as I am living with a very serious illness that I have been given by the NHS and I dread to think about what will happen to our Millie if I am not well enough to look after her. I cannot bear the thought of rehomeing her but I can see that sometimes there may be no other way.
Sorry that I have nothing more positive to add but for what it is worth Millie is just a year old and she has been a real handfull but most of the time now she is an absolute angel – I won’t speak about the other times!
I do hope you are able to keep Pipin if that is what you have decided upon. If you feel you can cope now she may well be a great help to you in the future.
Good luck to you both.

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 08:00:36 PM »
Im glad Pipin is back in a loving home with you. You did what you thought was best but you now know that Pipin is better with you. I hope Pipin has a speedy recovery and wish you both all the best for the future.  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 08:54:17 PM »
Fabulous News

Blue sends very very gentle cocker licks her way  :luv: :luv:

Offline Katiet

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »
Hi Im really sorry to hear about pipin and I can fully understand what you are going through I have a cocker called Monty he is 5 and I have real problems when I go out I blame myself alot becausewhen he was a puppy we took him everywhere and now he hates being on his own, I love him to bits but I get so upset when I come back to mess everytime I go out he licks the door barks and whines luckly I have good neighbours I have had him to a behaviourist she was really helpful and tols me he has separation anixiety but we followed what she told us but then we slipped back to our old ways so now we will have to start again we always say if a dog gives you more love then grief then he is worth it ,monty is lovely when we are at home but I have a son who is 2 and it is hard when I have to keep my son out until I have  cleaned up and this upsets him but he loves the dog to bits i have wondered wheather to let him have a better home with someone who will be in but nobody is in all the time and after reading your story I dont think I could do that it would break my heart if he ended up in a bad home some of my freinds have said about me contacting cocker spaniel rescue but I dont think my heart would allow me to follw it through so I just carry on somedays are better than other but at the end of the day you just have to do what is best for you I hope every thing goes ok and you make the best decision for yourself . at least you know you arent alone.

Offline kelly-joy

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 08:46:28 AM »
I am so sorry you are having trouble too. I know how your feeling perhaps we can pm each other when things get bad so we can help eachother out.I am keeping Pipin this time but I can fully understand how you are feeling at the moment and understand if you do rehome. I would contact cocker rescue if you do decide enough is enough though. Have you thought about getting a behavoirist in again? they maybe able to help again. I have to phone mine back in a few weeks time and go from there. Wish you all the best. do let me know how things go.hugs kelly-joy

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
Lots of luck and good wishes to you and Pipin.  You have done the right thing and I am sure she is very happy and relieved to be back home with you.

Will you be asking the lady who had her to pay your vets bills and grooming bills?  She ought to be made aware of the consequences and harm that her neglect and mistreatment of Pipin incurred.  I hope you have told her of the state that Pipin is in and that you had contacted the RSPCA.  She should really know what harm she has done.
Ann and Pringle

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »
I'm glad you're keeping Pipin, shes a lucky dog to have a mum that cares about her so much  :luv: :luv:
hope things improve for you both now

Bens mum