Cocker Specific Discussion > Health

Dull coat

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jane S:
I also use Shaws coat oil quite a lot mainly for the boys to keep their "under bits" from getting knotted up but it is a bit messy when you first spray it on - I have had "oil patches" left on the cushion covers in the past so be sparing with it :) Shaws Coat Oil is available in some pet stores but you can also order it direct from Shaws (http://www.shawspet.co.uk/                    

LouiseH:
I have used coat oil for my girls when in season, prevents their 'girly bits' from getting tangled up etc, seems to coat the individual hairs and prevent them from getting messy and sticky.
Also good for underarms and other feathering where knots can easily appear.
I use evening primrose on my 2 girls at the moment, both have recently had a season and have resulting dry dull coats, all on the mend now thanks to EPO.
Have you perhaps tried a more oily food? Perhaps Nutro? Mine always get on very well with this especially good for skin & Coat condition.

www.nutro.co.uk

Good luck let us know how you get on!                    

shaendix:
What about adding oil to the diet? Have used safflower oil in the past, but there are some new products coming on to the market now with blends of oils - has anyone tried them?                    

Mike:
Now that I have finally managed to move Daisy's puppy fur, with the help of the coat king and spratts 76 comb, Daisy's coat also seems slightly dull (although it does feels nice and soft).

I like the idea of using a coat spray, but value my furniture too much. I was wondering instead, are there any particular conditioners you recommend?                    

Jane S:
Stripping the coat out often leaves the skin temporarily a bit dry & the coat a bit dull. I would give Daisy a good bath & use a conditioner - I'm sure every one has their own particular favourites but a lot of doggy folk use Pantene conditioner on their dogs :-)

Jane                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version