Author Topic: bad day at the beach  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: bad day at the beach
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »
aaah see where you're coming from, hope the classes tie in - she's a bright little puppy and would love that environment I think.

helen & jarvis x

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »
hI gayle...Hope you feel better having got all that off your chest!! ;)    :blink:   Sometimes we need to have a sound off when we are having a bad day! to like minded people...I think when our pups go off when our children are with us it is particularly hard...guess our children see first hand we cannot solve all of our problems...they get frightened and it adds to our fear too..had to really be firm with my kids when Ruby ran off with the rabbit last monday on a darkening common. Because I was worried i got more cross! Bless them they did stay calm..and as usual took the latest ruby adventure in their stride!!  although the middle one was begging me to rehome her!!!!! >:( 
    I can see all your points of view folks...bit too late tho to advocate different choice of breed ...we gotta work with what we got hey! :D  I think Gayle..sometimes you gotta remember that in writing rather than speaking to someone...things can come over unintentionally harsh....when you are feeling a bit sensitive...(which you have every right to feel at the moment!!) ...this can really upset you as i see in this case...COl can provide great comfort and reassurance... :luv:  there is a lot of kindness to be seen..and im glad you have not been to discouraged to carry on posting...pick yourself up from this ..and take all the good advice...ignore things if they seem negative...
 ::)      It is super hon, to hear the fun and positive things you have achieved with Bella... :angel:
Now you are not so upset keep the good times rolling...You can see the balanced picture of good and bad behaviour...and as time goes by with your obvious dedication... it will be more good experiences....We atre all on a steep learning curve with new pups...and we will make mistakes ...as we do with our children!! We accept these and move on...but it does not stop us from feeling silly and useless and defeated at times....I too have a working type...perhaps not the best decision...but she is mine...I love her to bits...(and like you...call her my fourth "daughter".... ;) ) and I do intend to persevere to give her the fulfillment she needs..she is happy now and so am i    :angel:  long may that last!!! we don t quit with our challenges! We rise to them...!!!! :luv:  hope you feel better Gayle now that you have calmed down!!    ph34r  sometimes a good balaclava / selective cocker hearing! Is a good thing!!! 
jo & ruby =)

Offline gayle1

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »
All is well here.
I have tried to explain my side and do not wish to go into it all and dredge it up today. All I want to say is,
I still feel I was under attack but I am also aware that I have not come across very well on this forum.
I have explained to others, I do write and it is hard when I come off the job to then write factually, I miss out vital sections of text as my brain is in 'keeping the reader hooked' mode. I get utterly immersed in my work and its very difficult to switch between one genre of writing, that being fiction to another, factual without an overlap, even when it is about my day or about anything else 'real'
That is a flaw on my part and perhaps if you all know that now and I say something odd or that perhaps upsets you in any way I can be cut some slack and asked to explain myself properly, although I will double up on my efforts to be precise about issues and keep things light hearted.
Am slightly paranoid now about what I say so I hope I have not upset anybody with this post.
I think this matter should be closed down now and everybody moved on.
If we can not agree then we can agree to disagree and that is okay, that is what life is all about.
gayle
Gayle & Ella (Sprocker)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 03:27:45 PM »
Thread closed ;)

Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional