Author Topic: Canon Digital Compact Camera. Any good?  (Read 16929 times)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Re: Canon Digital Compact Camera. Any good?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 07:41:02 PM »
I tidied up your posts Clarey-doll ;)

As for the camera. If you'd only had it for a week then you should have been offered a replacement or a refund. Sending it back is not an option!! After 28 days iirc then they have the right of trying repair, but you have not been sold something fit for purpose from the off. They've pulled one over on you chuck! I'd go back and demand a replacement or your money back. You should not be without like this for something so wrong so soon.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 07:56:17 PM »
I agree with Pam.  Go ask for your money.  I know you thought it might be sand that stopped the lens going back but my lens was jammed with sand after the Aberdeenshire meet and it was fine after I blew on it ph34r  I am very technical like that :005:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline clarey-doll

• Limited Member
  • my 2 angels Lady and Skye
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 11:08:39 PM »
Thanks for your advise folks ;)

but the camera was purchased in July and i bought it from a colleague a work ph34r

she had used it once on holiday but didnt like the view finder (shes old school likes the small eye finder) :shades:

and i worked perfectly thought it was sand but tried the blowing on ,hairdrier trick didnt work ph34r

The shop did mention they would have given me another one but they didnt have one in stock >:(

what should i do? :huh:

should i go back to the shop and demand a replacement? :huh:

l

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 11:14:08 PM »
Either that or your money back?

As you bought it second hand from a friend - not sure where you stand on that one?  I do think that you deserve a refund though but maybe your friend will have to take it back for you rather than you demanding a refund from her  ;)

Offline clarey-doll

• Limited Member
  • my 2 angels Lady and Skye
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 11:16:03 PM »
Thanks Debbie, ;)

will try another camera i think ;)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »
Sorry to re-waken an old thread but my new camara has arrived!  It looks great and the reviews are great  ;)  But I may take a couple of weeks off trying to get to know it  :shades:

I bought the Panasonic DMC TZ3 and it should be a fab camara but I'm a little bogged down with the manual  ::)  Be prepared for lots of test posts and questions  ;)

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »
I have just bought a Fujifinepix S5700.  It's great little camera and has a 10X optical zoom lens.  Fuji have introduced a newer model and these are being sold off quite cheaply.  The only difference between the two is the 5700 is 7.1 Megapixels and the 5800 is 8 Megapixels.  The difference is negligible.  I bought this as I have a Canon EOS digital that's a bit too cumbersome to carry around on walks etc.

You can see the quality of the pics from the Fuji on some of my recent posts.  I bought mine from Dabs for £120, but I see that Tesco are selling it for £129.99.  Not much more expensive when you take postage into account, and you get points from Tesco.