Author Topic: Is your cocker like your shadow?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Re: Is your cocker like your shadow?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 07:35:58 PM »
The Muppeteers are little shadows, you go to the kitchen, they follow, you go to the living room, they follow, you go to the bin, they follow. Zorro is worse than Bella as he likes to be really close, preferably snuggled up to you. The other night he actually sat on the sofa and literally linked arms with me...  :luv:

I completely get the thing about having private cuddles with one of them and the other one always knowing, it's impossible to get a secret cuddle with Bella without Zorro coming and muscling in. I have to shut him in another room! it's funny how you miss it when they're not around though. They went out with the dogwalker this morning and I was at home and you just get used to the patter of cocker paws around you all the time.  :luv:
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 08:07:16 PM »
I quite literally cannot turn around without tripping over a dog  :005: The whole herd, often cats included, has to follow (or run ahead, or mill around at my feet ::)) everywhere I go, including the loo! (and i'ts not a large room, makes for quite a crowd in there!  ph34r :luv:)

However much I may be annoyed at times, I know I'd be lost without it  :luv:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »
I have 2 shadows as well, they are right by my side from morning till night if they can be. Wouldn't have it any other way  :D

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Winnie

• Site Member
  • Winnie
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 07:42:14 PM »
Winnie is definitely a shadow and follows me everywhere. Occasionally I can sneak away if she is deeply asleep, but around 5 mins later I hear her going from room to room looking for me. She always accompanies me to the loo, and thinks I am sitting down so I can fuss her! Most of the time I love it, but she is a real pain when I am cooking and constantly trips me up. She is beginning to respond to the command 'GO AWAY!' and will retreat all of...um...a spaniel length away, only to return within a minute. It is very sweet.

The downside of all this attention is that she hates me to go out and is gradually digging her way out of the house via the kitchen floor! I am hoping she will 'grow out of it' so I can replace the flooring, but as she is 8 years old I might have a very long wait!!!!
Jane and Winnie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 07:52:51 PM »
Two furry shadows here too  :005: :luv: :luv:
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 07:57:33 PM »
So in my face it's unreal.

The other day on our way back from our morning walk I was desperate for the loo and fell up the bank and landed on all fours. AS I struggled to get up without slipping further into the mud, and without having an "accident" Buddy decided to help me by licking my face.!! ::)

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 08:16:47 PM »
I think it's wonderful - we are lucky to have them. :luv:

Silkex

Offline PennyB

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 08:28:29 PM »
Mine usually are when I make my way to the kitchen then I usually get both dogs and at least cats following my every move ::)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »
Charley sleeps in my bedroom.  Although he has a duvet on the floor he usually ends up on the bed, and I often have a wet tongue licking my face at three o'clock in the morning.

Offline clarey-doll

• Limited Member
  • my 2 angels Lady and Skye
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 12:48:04 AM »
Lady is my shadow too :luv: Bless her  :angel:

she can be sound asleep beside me on the sofa if i even move a muscle shes up
like a shot seeing what im up to :005:

Cant get changed in the morning have to leave her outside the bedroom :luv:

Its funny in the morning,she is like a furry alarm clock wakes my Oh up ,he lets her out for a pee,
i hear her charging upstairs to the bedroom,and plonks herself on my OHs side a falls fast asleep beside me,
sooo sweet,he hates it in the weekends ,he doesnt have a look in then  :005: :005:

It is sweet thats why we have them,we all love them dearly :luv:

I had house bunnies before Lady ,they were great pets but not very
interactive with me ,liked eachothers company,so its great to have my own furry shadow everywhere with me  :luv: :luv:

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 02:33:49 PM »
Definitely two shadows here :005: i love it, you can't have without the other, so no private cuddles from just one Hamish in particular is just a little love bug :luv: first thing in the morning i will go into the bathroom, which is downstairs and Hamish will rush out through the dog flap for the fastest wee ever, so he can join me in the loo :005: George just loves to snuggle up, while i watch telly. when OH goes to the fridge, they are both there in a micro second, cos he occassionally gives them a piece of pork pie ph34r
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Chellejm

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 03:41:47 PM »
Yup, I have a cocker shaped shadow too!
Herbie is forever beside my feet.
One moment he'll be happily laying by the backdoor chewing, I'll walk out of the kitchen to go to the living room (or loo)! and suddenly there he is :D
The Herbster!!

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 07:35:14 PM »
I've often said that I should have called Chloe Shadow! I must say though she's getting better and is learning when not to follow quite so closely at times and I have stopped her coming upstairs again now and on the sofas  ::) When we first moved here I thought it was nice to have her so close all the time whilst I was getting used to being on my own with the kids but soon realised it was more of a nuisance! She still gets the odd cuddle on the sofa but other than that she has her bed right next to me on the sofa or in the office. In fact she spends more time in her bed in the office now as Dotty her best friend curls up with her in there!  :luv:

As long as she know's where I am she is happy and I must say it makes recall a hell of a lot easier! I only put a stop to the constant shadowing because she's very jealous of David!  :005: She's not used to me having lots of cuddles, neither am I really!  ph34r She loves him to bits though the same as she does any visitor but get's very jealous and has to poke her nose in!  :005:

Offline kb

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 08:58:28 PM »
It's that cocker nosiness - even thoguh they are tired and really want to lie and sleep, they are afraid that if they don't drag themselevs up, that will be the time they miss something really important :shades: :005:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 09:07:12 PM »
I have one shadow.........Morgan, my American Cocker.  And if I'm reclined in my chair he's asleep on my lap, in fact he spends the night there most of the time, failing that he'll get under the chair I'm in.  I love it though, he's a special boy  :luv:

The others are happy to be lazing around in their beds no matter where I am.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)