Author Topic: Good Book!  (Read 3863 times)

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Re: Good Book!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2008, 09:03:11 PM »
I've read his book and watched his programme, but since then Dixie and I have been on a HUGE learning curve!
I now have utmost respect for behaviourists....it's taking a lot of hard work, dedication....and giving up my friday nights  :005: - but to see the rewards....well  :luv: .
I've also sunk my teeth into several other books, my fav so far - How dogs learn by Burch & Bailey, many thanks Mark! 
...think I’ll be well armed by September!

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2008, 10:02:31 PM »
I would like to make it crystal clear that the book does not advise at anytime the use of electric collars, kicking or hitting your dog or any other cruel methods.

If I read a review like the OP about a book, then I would consider buying it, as it was referred to as excellent, and the training techniques "spot on". I still stand by this statement - IMO.

To give such a controversial author such high praise indicates that the OP has done her research and so would be well aware of the opposing views and negative opinions about CM and his methods - but many people who are new to dog ownership won't know these things.

No I was not aware that I would receive such a response on here about CM, I rarely post on the behaviour board and I am not new to dog ownership, quite the opposite being born around dogs and horses, But I gather thats doesn't count unless you have a PHD in dog behaviour your not qualified to comment.

This post was simply a recommendation for a book, which IMO is very good and I am not afraid to say so.  I have had a few contact me who daren't post on this thread for fear of being jumped on, which is very sad.
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2008, 10:07:51 PM »
This post was simply a recommendation for a book, which IMO is very good and I am not afraid to say so.  I have had a few contact me who daren't post on this thread for fear of being jumped on, which is very sad.

I have never understood the term "jumped on" I'm afraid.....so perhaps in order to avoid me doing it again inadvertantly, and upsetting anyone else, you could explain which comments in this thread meet that definition, cos for the life of me, I can't see anything other than a healthy, lively debate  :huh:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2008, 10:15:06 PM »
I'm closing this thread as what was a lively discussion is now going downhill fast. I'm afraid on any internet forum, you will get differences of opinion - stating you don't agree with something or someone and explaining why you feel that way is not "jumping on" on anyone. If someone feels "jumped on" if another members disagrees with them, then maybe a discussion forum is not for them :-\
Jane