Author Topic: Camera (Canon IXUS 60) Repairs?  (Read 3295 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Camera (Canon IXUS 60) Repairs?
« on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »
Hi,

I'm really cross with myself, I have just dropped my camera onto a concrete floor  >:D The pointy out zoom bit went smack as it landed (like toast, always butter side down  >:D !...expensive toast though!). Now when I turn the camera on it says 'Lens Error, Restart Camera' . The sticky out bit just stays stuck out and will not move. The camera is just over a year old, do you think its worth sending for repair or do you think it'd be better to get a new one (taking into account repair costs?).

Either way, it means no Roxy or Rio pics for a while  :'(

I'm just so cross!!!!!!

Any ideas?!?!

Thanks,

Holly

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Re: Camera (Canon IXUS 60) Repairs?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:04:36 PM »
 ph34r
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »
What a nuisance.  TBH the repair costs + the time involved  ::) are likely to outweigh the cost of a new one.   Amazon are selling the same one for £114 delivered. 

I'd grin and bear it and just buy a new one.   There are other slightly cheaper ones on the market that are worth considering. 

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:23:56 PM »
I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. I just feel so cross with myself!!!  >:D I'm going to make sure I fix the strap to the next one!!

I'll take a look at Amazon in a sec - thanks for that  :blink:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »
Isn't it covered on your house contents insurance ?  I'd at least get an estimate for repair anyway, may not be as expensive as you think??

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »
Isn't it covered on your house contents insurance ?  I'd at least get an estimate for repair anyway, may not be as expensive as you think??

Was going to suggest that too, but your excess could be at least £50 - £75 in which case you might be as well just replacing it.

Why not pop it into Jessops if your in Kidderminster - they should be able to give you an idea.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »
Would it be worth giving Canon a call ? sometimes these big firms are very helpful when you do. I've had a few things replaced or new parts sent out fee of charge by doing this, even though they've been out of guarantee. sometimes they haven't even asked for proof of purchase  ::)

Calls are free

https://self-service.canon-europe.com/uk/pages/ss_Redirect.cgi?LINK=%2Fuk%2Fpages%2Fss_Layout.cgi%3FLINK_ID%3D8550%26LANG%3Den