Author Topic: Fluffy coats  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Henshallboys

Fluffy coats
« on: December 19, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »
Bramble and Beri are looking a bit fluffy....do you think this is because they have been neutered at 5 months .....they are 15 months now and their coats are not as shiny.  Or is it more likely their diet, they are on JWB adult and don't seem to like it much, we were going to change onto Chappie as so many people here on COL have said their dogs like it but we have also heard that it is not as good as the kibble....help.

The fluffy fur could I suppose also be the last of their puppy fur....
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Fluffy coats
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
Brodie's coat went like this after she got neutered as well. I started giving her daily cod liver oil and it really made a difference :D She's just had her first professional grooming and she looks great now  :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »
I'd say it was the neutering - check out Debbie321's Ben pics for an example of gold working cocker coats post neutering, he went very very fluffy ;)  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:00:44 PM »
I'd say it was the neutering - check out Debbie321's Ben pics for an example of gold working cocker coats post neutering, he went very very fluffy ;)  :luv: :luv:

I see what you mean they are very like Ben....I didn't think working cocker's were trimmed as often as show cocker's though, the new fur isn't as fluffy however the fluff starts at the top of the legs.  Should I give them a cod liver oil supplement or just up the oily fish...ie tuna or tinned sardines etc
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 11:03:08 PM »

I see what you mean they are very like Ben....I didn't think working cocker's were trimmed as often as show cocker's though, the new fur isn't as fluffy however the fluff starts at the top of the legs.  Should I give them a cod liver oil supplement or just up the oily fish...ie tuna or tinned sardines etc

Agree with Helen, tis almost certainly down to neutering. Jarvis' coat took aaaaaaages to change, even now over a year afer nuetering i think he's gonna get worse. ::) a coat king would probably help. :D (I use one on my cav and it's brilliant, she gets little fluffy "wings" that stick out of her sides :lol2: :luv: and it pretty much gets rid of them. :shades: :D)
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 01:57:16 PM »
Coat king or the Furminator (or similar ) would help with your grooming.  I don't think this will be solved by oil supplements although you can try Evening primrose oil, or fish oils - we were given some Lupoderm oil which I think does make a difference to Jarv's coat, definitely gives it better condition.

(Jarv is entire - if he was neutered I think I'd need to clip him  ::) he has fluffy leg syndrome and I do have to rid him of dry gingery fluffy fur which seems to appear on his back on a daily basis at the moment  :shades: )

helen & jarvis x