Author Topic: Just ordered some Orijen...  (Read 15627 times)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Just ordered some Orijen...
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »

Mine came today  :D smells lovely but smaller than burns etc...looks more like dry cat food  :005: im not complaining just an observation  ;)..opened the bag and Lola went nuts  :o like she does when you get the sausages out  :005:..cant believe im excited about a dog food  ph34r

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
Mine arrived today too.... it's dinner time now, so we shall see how it goes down. :shades: :D
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline bella15

• Site Member
  • Cody
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
Mine arrived from Zooplus 2 days after I ordered it.Tess really likes it!

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 04:25:24 PM »
I will be interested in seeing how Jarvis goes on it too... We are hvaing so much problems with  Milo's weight- in that we can't keep any on him! Hes been on Burns and jwb, all which gave him horrendous dia-wotsit and we have recently changed to Autarky which seemed great to start with but the weight started falling off him.  :-\ Now he is being fed loads but is still not putting any on weight and has diarohea again (probably from being fed far too much, but at least hes not losing weight ::) ). Vet says he is a picture of health but I cant quite agree when I can see all of his ribs and collar bones ...
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
Well we did half autarky half orijen today, and i swear he savoured every mouthful :005: He's never been really keen on the autarky ph34r so that's something. I am hoping, by the time i've finished the bag to have seen some improvement in his condition, so we shall see. :D

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »
I am looking with interest at the Orijen on the Zooplus website.

Are all of you who are trying Orijen, BARF feeders?  or are you transferring from one dried food to another?  I was just a little concerned about the high protein content and what effect it would have on my dogs as they are on Burns at the mo  ;)
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:14 PM »
Let us know how it goes  :D

Found this you maybe interested in  :shades:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=915&cat=8  looks good  :D scroll down to where the Authors reply is  :D

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »
I am looking with interest at the Orijen on the Zooplus website.

Are all of you who are trying Orijen, BARF feeders?  or are you transferring from one dried food to another?  I was just a little concerned about the high protein content and what effect it would have on my dogs as they are on Burns at the mo  ;)

I do feed the occasional raw meal, but my dogs are predominantly kibble fed. Although the protein content seems high, you actually feed quite a bit less quantity than some foods. :D

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »
Let us know how it goes  :D

Found this you maybe interested in  :shades:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=915&cat=8  looks good  :D scroll down to where the Authors reply is  :D

Thanks for the link Cazza :D  It was very useful.

I have also ordered some from Zooplus, so just got to get through the remaining Burns we have left and I can start introducing it slowly :D

It'll be interesting to see how the others are getting on with it thou
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
Arden grange is only 4 star! OMW beta puppy is only a 1 star, my partners mum feeds her chihuahuas on it and the review is terrible! Cazza this site is great!

Ahhh Pedigree chums there too!

REUBY DOOO!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
Glad it was helpful to you  :shades:

I couldn't believe it when i saw some of them on there what they sais - as in would they recommend or not, but orijen seems as tho they would  :D

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »
Glad it was helpful to you  :shades:

I couldn't believe it when i saw some of them on there what they sais - as in would they recommend or not, but orijen seems as tho they would  :D

Yeah me too! Defo gives me something to think about! The royal canine is quite low down also, which surprised me!  :o

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »
That dog food analysis site is quite useful but it is just opinion at the end of the day based on what someone thinks of the ingredients. I've tried Orijen on 2 of our dogs and thought it was good but not so marvellous that it warranted me changing all our dogs over to it - I didn't like the kibble size for a start (it's like a puppy kibble) and found one of our dogs got blocked anal glands while she was on Orijen but hasn't since she went back on Arden Grange. It comes down to what suits individual dogs - some will do really well on a particular brand and others won't :D
Jane

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 07:28:49 AM »
Presumably the high protein and based on the survey, Orijen won't be suitable for Heidi at 8 months old? I've only bought the adult at the moment

What do you think?

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 08:50:25 AM »
That dog food analysis site is quite useful but it is just opinion at the end of the day based on what someone thinks of the ingredients.

Sorry Jane I should have made that clear when I posted  ph34r