Author Topic: Just ordered some Orijen...  (Read 15712 times)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Just ordered some Orijen...
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2008, 11:16:34 PM »

It wasnt recomended to me for weight loss but i had tried everything else since Biba was spayed a year ago...Burns high oats....Arden Grange light...Barf...none of them worked to get the weight off Biba.....I love the Barf diet but Biba was on a measley 40grms of Turkey..1 small rib and 1 small wing a day + veggies and offal... but still her weight was steadily increasing she  was also permantley hungry and very lethargic  :huh:
The other Kibbles i have tried for weight loss also didnt work and made her colitis flare up so she was miserable and not up for doing much except sleep  ::) Orijen seems to be the only one that is doing it all for her...but each dog is different  :-\ at the minute it is suiting both of mine and its actually something they both really like...agree with Helen about the kibble size ...though cant say i have noticed smelly breath from it  ;)

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
Just another spanner in the works....

Jarv actually put on a bit with Orijen and his breath has been a bit smelly - the pieces are really small, and he doesn't crunch them up as much as he does Arden grange, swallows some of them whole, and the food miles from Canada bugs me too....

ordering AG again tomorrow  ph34r

I agree regarding the food miles, having said that though, just because a food is produced in the UK, doesn't mean that all the ingredients are from the UK - in fact, it is unlikely that they are! So there will always be food miles involved, unfortunately.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2008, 11:33:52 AM »
Jarv actually put on a bit with Orijen and his breath has been a bit smelly - the pieces are really small, and he doesn't crunch them up as much as he does Arden grange, swallows some of them whole, and the food miles from Canada bugs me too....

I found the Orijen kibble too small too & didn't think overall it produced as good results as I was getting with AG so have gone back to AG. Same with any food though - some dogs do great on one brand, others do great on another :D
Jane

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »

I found the Orijen kibble too small too & didn't think overall it produced as good results as I was getting with AG so have gone back to AG. Same with any food though - some dogs do great on one brand, others do great on another :D

I've noticed smelly breath as well  :shades:  Didn't link it to the food though  :-\  Thought it was just her dog breath

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2008, 03:45:11 PM »
Well, we went to the vets for the anal glands today, (the vet actually called Jarvis Cocker :shades: :lol2:) and whilst i was there weighed him. It seems the orijen diet is working a little too well ph34r my big boy (18.5 inches at the shoulder) only weighs 14.1 kg :o ph34r going to have to up the amount he's on a little i think. :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »

Funny you should say that Beth....Lola has lost more weight even though i don't want her too....have had to up her portion size again....Biba on the other hand didn't lose anything this week despite being on the same amount as she has always been  ::) Lola is on twice the amount as Biba....must be due to metabolism  :huh:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
I thought Jarvis was looking quite fit, but then a few days ago i noticed that i could feel his ribs a bit too easily, and seeing the weight today was a massive shock. Jarvis last weighed 14 kilos when he was about 6 months old. :lol2:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »
Thought i should update this thread again, as he's now been on it for a good few months.

his weight seems to have stabilised at nicely slim, he did lose a bit too much so i upped his food and he's now a perfect shape. He has put on an amazing amount of muscle, he has thighs of steel. :shades: (If i wasn't veggie i'd consider eating it myself :shades: :005:) His skin is no longer scurfy and he generally seems in really good shape. :D

Anyone who's been worried about supply shouldn't be, zooplus have had it very regularly when i've needed to order.  ;) I am just about to run out, but only 'cos i kept forgetting to place an order ph34r So he'll be using up some of the freezerfull of raw food i have this week.  ph34r  :005:

All in all i would really recommend it to anyone, and i am now going to switch Lucy over. (I waited a while with Lucy as she has a very sensitive belly and i didn't want to keep switching her about, used my dustbin-stomached Jarvis as the guinea pig to make sure i wanted to put Lucy on it. ph34r)

Also, price wise, it's now been over 5 months, and i have only used 2 bags, so i'm only paying around £18 a month :shades: or £4.50 a week. Not bad at all considering he's a big boy and eats a fair bit. :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
don't be surprised if the price shoots up due to our pound dropping  :-\
helen & jarvis x

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »

Just to add to Beths update...both mine are still on it and unless something drastic happens they will be on it as long as i can get supplies...i would actually be gutted if i had to change them onto something else as they are both so well on it....Lola like Jarvis has got great muscle definition ..is full of energy and has a shiny,shiny coat  ;) ....Biba has got down to her pre-spray weight so very happy with that as we struggled for a good 6 months on other food before changing to Orijen and thats taking into account that she has more muscle now ;) ...we havnt had a flare up of colitis since feeding Orijen so both me and Biba are pleased about that  :D and i have my little pocket rocket back  :D
and best of all they still love it and every meal time there bowls are licked clean  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »
Same here, only one order when the big bags were out of stock but back in a couple of days later and delivery quick as always so we didn't run out.

Suits Jasper, to be fair the other two would do well on most quality foods

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
I swapped over to Orijen a few months ago and hoped that Daisy would loose some weight, sadly this didn't happen, so I have temporarily swapped her over to Royal Canin Weight Control food and so far so good and she is loosing weight.  Once the Royal Canin had been eaten I will get her back on to the Orijen and keep an eye on her.  They both loved the Orijen and Mollie bounces off the kitchen units when her dinner is being served up which hasn't happened for a few years :005:  I think she lurvves it :D
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2008, 08:12:19 PM »
I swapped over to Orijen a few months ago and hoped that Daisy would loose some weight, sadly this didn't happen, so I have temporarily swapped her over to Royal Canin Weight Control food and so far so good and she is loosing weight.  Once the Royal Canin had been eaten I will get her back on to the Orijen and keep an eye on her.  They both loved the Orijen and Mollie bounces off the kitchen units when her dinner is being served up which hasn't happened for a few years :005:  I think she lurvves it :D

I found with Biba that i had to feed her alot less than was recommended on the packet for her to lose weight...she only gets 80 grams a day..even putting her on 100 grms a day made her pile on the pounds  :huh:

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2008, 08:37:22 PM »
I found with Biba that i had to feed her alot less than was recommended on the packet for her to lose weight...she only gets 80 grams a day..even putting her on 100 grms a day made her pile on the pounds  :huh:

I had Daisy on 100 grams a day of Orijen so maybe that was where I was going wrong ph34r, I will have to put her on 80 grams a day when I change her back.  Mollie has 120 grams a day, but she is on the go all the time unlike Daisy who likes to sleep a lot :shades:  Oh and they also get a Bonio everyday at lunch time ;)
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2008, 08:40:15 PM »
 :o Jarvis gets over 200g a day :o he is hoooooge though. :luv: