Author Topic: New Baby and Riley looks silly....  (Read 758 times)

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
New Baby and Riley looks silly....
« on: April 23, 2004, 01:36:34 PM »
I got a call this morning from my Mum and Dad who live in Spain to say they had picked up a 7 week old golden cocker boy who they have called George (because it's St Georges day!).

AAAAARRRGGHH, I am gutted because due to work we can't get out there until July, I will miss him being a baby!  

Also, I had Riley cut for the first time and he looks a bit silly (don't tell him though!), I told the groomer to leave his ears long, leave him some feathering and to trim his feet.  His ears haven't been touched at all, not even trimmed and they look silly because his head has been clipped and they stand out the side of his head!  Also, she's left feathering on his legs but clipped his feet... he looks like a poodle!  On the plus side he seems to be much cooler!

Oh well, at least the sun is shining, dog training starts again tonight though, I hope the other cockers don't laugh at him!

Sam                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 02:53:05 PM »
Congratulations on the new baby!

I have a very strange mental image of Riley from your description!!   I am sure he still looks cute and it will always grow out.  You're in the Leicester area aren't you?  If you are not happy with your groomer I can recommend one who's a cocker spaniel expert.  PM me if you're interested, or else I can pass on details at the meet in Bradgate Park.

Glad Riley is able to enjoy the sunshine - Tilly has had to come inside because it's too hot for her in the garden.

Sue and Tilly                    

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 04:23:21 PM »
Thanks for that, I will definitley get that number off you at the meet!  I will take some pictures of him tonight and get them on tommorrow, see what you all think!

Cheers
Sam and Riley the Poodle