Author Topic: 8 month old entire dog cocking his leg in my house  (Read 4108 times)

Cazzie

8 month old entire dog cocking his leg in my house
« on: July 13, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »
How do I stop it  :-\

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: 8 month old entire dog cocking his leg in my house
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
Tell it off! Or the other boys will follow suit... few have done that here too  >:(

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Cazzie

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »
Tell it off! Or the other boys will follow suit... few have done that here too  >:(

My boys wouldnt dare  >:( Ive yet to catch him directly in the act so havent had the chance to tell him off, he's come sneaking out and I know he's done something, go through and bingo a squirt right up my radiator cover  >:(

Offline heelers n cockers

• Site Member
  • Freddy Flashback-BIS Colne Valley '09 & RBIS '10
    • Moonwillow Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:15:34 PM »
yeah i'd like to know too! caught Marley poopie cocking his leg on my upstairs radiator  >:D the little Oik! just to clarify my boys DON'T lift their legs on ANYTHING so it wasn't as if he was scent marking  >:D i do know that he's still not fully housetrained at home though..... ph34r
Cocker Spaniels leave their pawprints on your heart......
Lancashire Heelers however.....leave their teethmarks on your trousers!

Champagne for my real friends...Real pain for my sham friends....

http://moonwillowcockerspaniels.piczo.com

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 10:30:46 PM »
what is with radiators?! Sofa corners here. Alfie did it once on the first day and never again. He knows Voice of God well  :lol2:

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »
This is the one thing that has always put me off having a male dog! Seeing as i will be having one shortly - please tell me the leg cocking isnt something that is going to happen all the time? Bearing in mind i intend on leaving his bits and bobs where they are!

REUBY DOOO!

Cazzie

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 07:04:28 AM »
This is the one thing that has always put me off having a male dog! Seeing as i will be having one shortly - please tell me the leg cocking isnt something that is going to happen all the time? Bearing in mind i intend on leaving his bits and bobs where they are!

Dont panic  :D My 2 boys would never do it in my house but thats not to say I could guarnatee they'd not do it in someone elses although they havent as yet. People are mortified when they come back from holiday and I tell them their dogs have been doing this. Maybe Labs are slow to mature but 8 months old and acting like a top stud dog I find  :o :005: Otter is still playing with his toys  :005:

Im gonna keep an eye out for him today just incase  >:(

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:40:59 AM »

Wilf has never done this in the house ever, plus I can take him to other people's houses and on trains etc. and he's never had the urge to do it in those places either thank goodness, but most of the male entire foster dogs do
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:01:03 AM »

Wilf has never done this in the house ever, plus I can take him to other people's houses and on trains etc. and he's never had the urge to do it in those places either thank goodness, but most of the male entire foster dogs do

it's happened to us once... the household's neutered boy stood before Jarv and cocked his leg on the sofa corner, and Jarv marked over his wee  ph34r 

that's the danger I think - if you don't neutralise every wee spot, others will pick up on it and mark over it (like at PAH  :rofl1: )
helen & jarvis x

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 10:09:53 AM »

I've had two boy cockers (scuse pun :005:) and neither of them have cocked inside so hopefully you'll be lucky!

Cazzie, sorry I can't help as have never had this problem... I'd just make him stay outside I think  :lol2:

Good luck
Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 10:44:08 AM »

I've had two boy cockers (scuse pun :005:) and neither of them have cocked inside so hopefully you'll be lucky!

Cazzie, sorry I can't help as have never had this problem... I'd just make him stay outside I think  :lol2:

Good luck
Hannah x

Were yours entire Hannah? I suppose its something you deal with at the time, but something that has always made me lean more towards the girls!  :shades:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »

Good luck
Hannah x

Were yours entire Hannah? I suppose its something you deal with at the time, but something that has always made me lean more towards the girls!  :shades:

The first had the snip at about 11 months but never cocked in the house before or after... Dave is now 14 months and entire (currently) and hasn't cocked in the house at all... hope that helps!

I honestly don't hear about it being a big problem amongst other dog owners although maybe they all keep quiet about it  :005: :005: Boy dogs are lovely though and in my experience no more horrible/minging than girlie dogs  :lol2:

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 12:45:38 PM »
Thanks Hannah, my first male dog did cock his leg on anything he could - but didnt come house trained, then i had my wonderful cocker Rosie, who was a super-star. I really think i compare the two when thinking about boys v's girls, which is probably unfair of me. But im happy im getting a  'dude', but il be sad if i had to have him castrated as i really really dont want to ruin his coat. Suppose its a chance we all have to take male or female!

REUBY DOOO!

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 01:36:25 AM »
My 8 month old cocker doesn't cock at all at the moment and I hope he never does - much easier to keep him clean  ;)
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline Neacy

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 01:54:38 AM »
Harvey has never cocked his leg at home, but when I have taken him to PAH and out local garden center (they have an inside dog section) he always cocks his leg ph34r
Woo woo Mr Harv, woo woo, he's my best mate.