Author Topic: Stolen Cocker male pup Blue roan - Cumbria  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Stolen Cocker male pup Blue roan - Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »
Poor boy :( Shows how risky it is to have puppies sleeping outside these days.....
Jane

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 04:24:09 PM »
So very sad  :'(  Hope they get him home soon.

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:32:54 PM »
How sad  :'(  It makes me sooo  >:D >:D angry that someone could do this to the puppy and the family

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
How sad  :'(  It makes me sooo  >:D >:D angry that someone could do this to the puppy and the family

I know  :'(

Although I think that once people are aware that there is an unsecured pup living outside the chances of it being stolen are greatly increased.

I only hope those who have this little chap are looking after him. Although you have to wonder what kind of people would take him in the first place  :'(

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »
My step-mum and Dad had their Weim stolen from their garden/driveway a couple of years ago (daytime) and they had a call about 2 weeks later from someone claiming that they had "found" her claiming the reward money.

Police said that it is quite common  >:D

Offline Loui5e

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »
Poor people I have a 13w blue roan and I would be heartbroken if anything happened. We were at a charity dog show on Saturday and 3 men came and asked me about Blue and was he expensive, I said yes all good puppies are expensive. They then just walked away I mentioned it to an organiser and they said they had, had a few people report these men.

I was so scared all day someone was going to snatch him.

Louise x
I live in Bobby, Bella and Blues house.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 09:51:44 PM »
Although I think that once people are aware that there is an unsecured pup living outside the chances of it being stolen are greatly increased.

Sadly, I know of people who claim to be well meaning, who would "rescue" a puppy from such an environment if they knew about it, believing that they were doing the only *right* think, without a thought given to the owners  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »
This is local to me and I know an awful lot of people are searching high and low for this poor boy.  But - though I wouldn't wish this on anyone - I am not impressed by someone who leaves a pup of this age to sleep outside in a kennel on his own. And I would have thought that the statistics of animals stolen around Appleby - especially during the Fair and in summer generally - would have made them think hard before they did it. Nonetheless, I really, really hope he is found and returned to them.  I don't imagine they would make the same mistake twice and they clearly love him.  But, sadly, I suspect he will end up either being sold on for a few quid or to breed from. I would love to be proved wrong.  We have spent 18 months searching exhaustively for a lovely little springer lassie who disappeared from nearby (Kirkby Stephen) in similar circumstances and we haven't had so much as a single sighting.  These thieving gits know what they are doing.  >:D >:D

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »
A friend of mine works for doglost as a coordinator she tells me all kinds of stories about how dogs get taken and by who! No prejudice meant by this but the travelling community do take a large amount of dogs and if your dog is not chipped you will have a hard job getting it back. A recent story, where an excellent dog warden went into a travellers camp and noticed a "new dog". She asked about him and said she wanted to scan him. They were not happy about this and tried to scare her off. She called in the police they scanned him and low and behold he had been taken from a family six weeks previously. The women well nobody could describe how she felt getting him back. I think that Arwin from this site was taken by travellers too this year! Just be very aware and make sure your dogs are safe! I totally agree that no 13 week old pup should be left outside in a kennel on his own though poor little thing but the poor owners must be feeling very guilty for that now and they must be breaking their hearts over this pup too!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x