Author Topic: don't like harness  (Read 423 times)

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
don't like harness
« on: September 13, 2008, 11:38:04 AM »
Is it normal for a puppy not to like there harnesses,  Every time I get Hatties out she runs and hides she is 20 weeks old and we have been putting it on her from when we first got her, it has also took ages for her to get used to a collar, but she will not move if I try to put a lead on it, at least when I do get the harness on her she seems to enjoy the walk. anyone else have the same problem and will she get used to it.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
Re: don't like harness
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 12:15:10 PM »
I've yet to find a dog that isn't initially worried or upset by a harness, collar, halti etc etc.  Are you making it fun??  I always give them signals to lift a leg and as puppies each time they do they get a treat :luv:  Takes forever but they love their harnesses.  Might also be worth checking to see if it fits properly if its hurting then that might be why the reluctance to put it on.

Offline stuffster

• Luna
Re: don't like harness
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »
I have the opposite problem. Purdey is so excited when she sees the harness that she runs round the house barking and jumping and I have to wrestle her to the ground to get it on.  >:D

It will only be a matter of time before your pup realises that harness = going out and will learn to love it.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3