Author Topic: What do your cockers weigh ?  (Read 15249 times)

Offline chrisj1957

Re: What do your cockers weigh???????????????
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »
My 2 sound like porkers in comparison to most on this thread.They are 6 months old on 11/8 .Baxter weighs 12 kg  but looks skinny when he is wet as he is like a big furball and Angus is10kg  he looks tiny.I walkthem with a year old cocker who only weighs 10kg he looks like the puppy not them 2 Theyare both on Burns puppy bites and eat exactly the same amount.When I got them at 8 weeks they were 5kg as they were hand reared because the mother couldn't feed them..

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »
Penny is 17weeks and 8kilos
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2009, 11:43:55 PM »
For any doggies with a weight complex, I took Louie the overweight sprocker to the vet on monday for his weigh in (and boosters etc) and he was....

36.6 kg  :o :o :o

Molly had a wee go too, but only tipped the scales at 10.2kg (she is 2.5 years old)  ;) but just ickle, not sure what height she is, where do you measure from and to?

Measure her from the floor to the top of her withers (shoulder blades) when she's standing up. Crikey Louie is a big boy :o  how tall is he??

Caoimhe is 6 months 2 weeks and probably around 12.5" tall, she weighed in at 10.4kg a couple of weeks ago so she'll be a bit more than that now, she's a chunky little monkey :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline mcphee

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »
For any doggies with a weight complex, I took Louie the overweight sprocker to the vet on monday for his weigh in (and boosters etc) and he was....

Molly had a wee go too, but only tipped the scales at 10.2kg (she is 2.5 years old)  ;) but just ickle, not sure what height she is, where do you measure from and to?
Are you sure there is only one of him?? Rufus's sprocker friend Lucy, who he does agility with and who comes on his new training  regime with is only 12.5 kilos She is about half an inch taller than Rufus but longer and very trim!

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2009, 11:45:32 AM »

Are you sure there is only one of him?? Rufus's sprocker friend Lucy, who he does agility with and who comes on his new training  regime with is only 12.5 kilos She is about half an inch taller than Rufus but longer and very trim!

He is a very big boy in every way. More lab size than cocker! He needs to lose over 10kg according to vet ;)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline mcphee

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2009, 12:25:34 PM »

He is a very big boy in every way. More lab size than cocker! He needs to lose over 10kg according to vet ;)
Gosh, so the vet thinks about 26 kg is right? That certainly is a big springer. As a matter of interest, when dogs come in for rehoming, I suppose they come with no papers? I only ask, because I met a chap last Saturday who had got a tri colour cocker pup from a rescue. He said he was told that both parents were cockers, but he was enormous. At 7 months he was already about 6 inches or more taller than Rufus and he was the size of some retrievers  at the same age. I assumed he might be a sprocker, but he looked as though he would be at least Louie's size when fully grown. The poor chap said they thought they were getting one Rufus's size and it was gradually destroying his house and garden. I felt for him.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
Re: What do your cockers weigh ?
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »
Some come in with papers others don't, it's just whatever we are given. If they do have KC papers they are not passed on so that should the new owner try to sell the dog they would not have the same kind of value  ;)  (they have to sign a form to say that they cannot rehome the dog but you never know!)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline *LoolaBelle*

• Lottie Born 16/09/08 Button Born 01/06/09
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
Lottie has been weighed today she is 11 months old and un-neutered and weighs 7.8kg

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2009, 09:05:44 PM »
-Penny is now 19weeks and istill 8kilos should she be putting putting weight on weekly .
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline lizze24

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2009, 07:40:25 AM »
kizzy is now just over 9 weeks old and weigh 1.95kg
she is very tiny
the vet was quite happy with her and said although she small,she is proportioned well..in last couple of days though im sure shes added another couple of lb

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »
Weigh mine every 3 mths thereabouts.

Weighed them yesterday:

Penny (almost 7yrs) 12.3kg which is fine for her
Phoebe (3yrs) 12.3kg I wouldn't want her any bigger, maybe slim her down to 12kg or just below.
Logan (3yrs) 13.7kg which is right for him
Bronte (15 mths almost) 10.4kg she's a gannet and wouldn't want anymore weight on her for a bit.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline MrsJude

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »
Lilly is 6mths and was weighed before spaying at 9.15kg last week.

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »
Henry - about 2, neutered, fit as a flea, 17.5kg - I think he may have an elephant in his family somewhere!

When I got him, he weighed 22.5kg  :o and when he went into the rescue centre he weighed 25kg :o :o The change in him is amazing since he slimmed down!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »
Duggie is now 6kg at 15 weeks, he is a right stocky little (big) pup! :005:

Just checked back, and he's put on 2 kg in 4 weeks.

Lance is 15.4kg, which is much better than the 12kg he was when he first came here, he's just to build up a bit more muscle. :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
Louis was 3.0kg when I got him and weighed in at 4.0kg a couple of days ago at 11 weeks when he had his second vaccination, so has put on 1kg in 3 weeks. I always think he looks a bit skinny between meals, but the vet says he's fine.