Author Topic: Problem Behaviour  (Read 2075 times)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Problem Behaviour
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2004, 05:20:28 PM »
Hope you can get some support, good luck  :)  

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Problem Behaviour
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2004, 05:33:09 PM »
Do you have the breeder's number, would you be able to phone them?  If they were an honest respectable breeder they would be willing to help.

Agree that a behaviourist is a good course of action.  My dog trainer took on a cocker who had attacked the youngest child in the family, and he felt that the dog was aggressive because he saw himself as higher in the pack ranking then the kids.. he was allowed on the sofa, sleep in the bedroom etc and all the attacks happened when he was in a higher position and/or food was involved.....

Anyway I digress, I wanted to say he turned the dog round instilled more discipline and training.  He now is used as a therapy dog with the blind!!  So don't automatically feel that she's beyond help, hopefully with a little work it'll sort it self out.
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Problem Behaviour
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2004, 05:35:30 PM »
I have very good vets so i should hopefully sort out any 'issues' Saffi may have -
poor thing doesn't have it easy as not only is her behaviour off she suffers from blocked anal glands ( manages to clear them herself), sores on her chin ( 3rd time now for antibiotics), droopy eyelids which appear to be getting worse ( will be checked by vet in morning too) and is not yet housetrained ( seems to think my kitchen floor is for her own personal use). :rolleyes:
Just as well i am a very patient person!!

Thanks for the p.m. Penny - thankfully Tia is laid back - it would be so much harder.  In fact she's so laid back she's almost horizontal :D

Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline PennyB

Problem Behaviour
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2004, 10:16:57 PM »
Are you using anything for the sores on the chin. Ruby had these as a pup (and my vet thought they were also painful) and when I mentioned them to her breeder he suggested using Ekoneem on them (as he periodically uses it for all sorts of things on his dogs). You can buy this from places like Petplanet but the link below explains what its all about (basically brilliant stuff but it stinks LOL):

Ekoneem info
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Problem Behaviour
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2004, 10:44:31 PM »
They are painful for her - she doesn't like me checking them  at all.
My vet has always given antibiotics for the sores, have to say i'm not too keen to keep on using them.  Wasn't told of an alternative so i think i will get some of the cream and try that instead - smelly or not.  
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi