Author Topic: Chloe is growing up ..u/date heading for the hills p2  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Chloe is growing up ..u/date heading for the hills p2
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:10 PM »
I think that's what Tia's walks were like before, so it's a bit of a culture shock for her to be meeting so many dogs now! :005:

I was walking today in what we would consider very quiet woods, and I bumped into my friend! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline mcphee

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »
I think that's what Tia's walks were like before, so it's a bit of a culture shock for her to be meeting so many dogs now! :005:

I was walking today in what we would consider very quiet woods, and I bumped into my friend! :lol2:
On our walk today, we met some lovely new dogs. I was really surprised how many cars were in the car park at 7.45, but we only met 2 pointers, a ridgeback, a sofa strain cocker and westie, and a border back at the car park over our hour and a half. Although it is nice meeting friendly owners, at least I do not have to worry if the large dog approaching us is entire, when we walk alone. Rufus did tell the 9 month ridgeback off a little, but was fine with all the others. I would love to walk where those photos of Sue's are taken. Pardon my ignorance, but are there phessies up there on Skye?

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but are there phessies up there on Skye?

No! Thank doG for small mercies  :D We walked for 2 hours today without seeing another soul  ;)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline mcphee

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 03:50:13 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but are there phessies up there on Skye?

No! Thank doG for small mercies  :D We walked for 2 hours today without seeing another soul  ;)
Oh that must be such a relief Sue. I have a love hate relationship with phessies. We (the royal we) flushed 3 today and were tempted by a lot more sqwarking in the thickets. There is nothing quite like that awful sound for making me jump, as I often do not see them before he does. In fact DOG knows how he does see them. Unfortunately his friend Lucy sprocker is not yet steady (well she is much worse than Rufus) around phessies, so they do not come on quite a few of our walks at the moment) as there are so many about. I just hope and pray that the whistle works for the rest of the shooting season, and that the tactics for dealing with fear of gun shot last too. Walks are great at the moment. I am sure that a lot of the people we see will disappear once the weather worsens, but it is hotter than most of the summer was today!