Author Topic: Kevin Stage?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Kevin Stage?
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:34:29 AM »
Could Blue be going through a Kevin stage again at 19 months?????

Blue's recall is usually quite good but just lately he is just ignoring me :blink:  he went through the same when he was about 12 months old but never went out of sight but the other day Blue just went off and left me and I had to chase him down the path!!!!!!!! I'm presuming that as he is entire, he has possibly caught the scent of a bitch :rolleyes:  any ideas of what I could do to prevent him wandering off??
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Sass

• Site Member
Kevin Stage?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:09:26 AM »
Alfie, at 18 months old , is also going through the Kevin stage!! In fact he's very similar to my 12 (going on fifteen) year old son!! God help them both, 'cos I've had enough!!!!!!!!!!! ;)  
Sass and Alfie xx

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Kevin Stage?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 01:44:26 PM »
You mean the Kevin stage is supposed to stop?  I must go and tell Chloe who obviously hasn't read the spaniel manual :D  :D  :P  
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Kevin Stage?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 04:31:30 PM »
Alfie, at 18 months old , is also going through the Kevin stage!! In fact he's very similar to my 12 (going on fifteen) year old son!! God help them both, 'cos I've had enough!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
I don't envy you Sass with two Kevins  :wacko: I still remember those days :ph34r:  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Kevin Stage?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 10:37:47 PM »
Hi Maria

This is quite interesting - Morgan turned into a right disobedient little sod a few months after Cooper came home.  I don't know if he was just asserting himself or if he thought I'd be too busy with Cooper to notice  :rolleyes:  :D  Sometimes I think they plan it one distracts you while the other misbehaves.

He wouldn't come back when we were out and I had to retrieve him from the river/sea/loch a number of times.  I kept him on lead for a few weeks but have recently started letting him off again (mainly to preserve my back from the voilent tugs  :rolleyes: ) and he's been great  B) Think he just needed reminding who was boss.

In saying that, he did go AWOL for a few minutes today - we'd passed a woman out with 7 dogs, I stopped to release Cooper from some brambles he'd got caught in and while I was doing this Morgan had doubled back to go for a walk with the woman.  When I found him she explained that one of the dogs was mother to three pups she had with her and this bitch was in season again - all dogs were off lead :rolleyes:  Needless to say, poor Morgan had to go back on the lead for the remainder of the walk!!  ;)

I'm sure he's just trying it on and will be back to his normal self in no time :-)))

P.S.  Any recent pics of Bailey, so that I can wave them in front of Eric and convince him that we can't live without a B&T!!!  :D  
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Kevin Stage?
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 10:48:37 PM »
Looks like Blues back on lead then for a while  :(

Shirley I'll get some pics taken just as soon as I remember to get some batteries for the camera  :rolleyes:   :lol:  
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Sue and Rosie

• Site Member
Kevin Stage?
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 03:35:34 PM »
Hi, having just read this post, whilst reading replies to my own (squirrels!), i am now understanding that maybe it isn't squirrels as much but  the dreaded teenager!!  Jess is now 8months so I guess that makes her one and I think I will also put her back on the lead for a bit and see how that goes.   <_<