Author Topic: Chloe has excelled herself in the bad behaviour stakes  (Read 1105 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Chloe has excelled herself in the bad behaviour stakes
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:01:30 PM »
We have just returned from a weeks holiday, part of which was spent with a friend near Oban. This friend has a 5 month old springer pup (who is just adorable, and so well trained, puts me and Chloe to shame!) Anyhoo...last night friend went out, with his dog, to get fish and chips and me and Chloe stayed in the house. After 5 minutes or so, Chloe started whining to go out...fair enough, I thought she just wanted a pee, so let her out in the back garden which is relatively secure...at least Chloe hadn't attempted escape from it before. When she didn't come in after a few minutes I went out and called her. Not a sign or sound from her. I was just about to start panicking when friend phones to say that she was with him and his dog at the fish and chip shop. She had basically jumped over the garden fence, ran through another garden, crossed a (fortunately quiet) road, and somehow found her way to the fish and chip shop. She had NEVER been there before, it was dark, and the thought of what could have happened to her fills me with dread....but now I'm left thinking, so much for bloomin loyalty!!! My friend was very impressed that she found them, presumably just by scent, but I'm apalled that she would leave me and go off just like that!! Anyone else had anything like this happen?

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Chloe has excelled herself in the bad behaviour stakes
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »
Little b*gger  >:D  They just like to keep you on your toes I reckon.  >:(

Earlier this year Coco at the age of about 4.5 decided to leg it out of the park for no apparent reason, run across the road and along the pavement, totally ignoring me and avoiding all attempts to catch her  >:D  It put the fear of doG up me for a while - she had never done that before and couldn't see why she did it then. :dunno:

I think they just sometimes think we might be getting a little too complacent  ::) >:(
Julie and Watson

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:57:16 PM »
Norty Chloe BUT clever too.  :luv:  Thank dog she was safe Sue.  :luv: :D

My 1st Cocker Sam made a run for it when we were in a park (over half a mile from our home), no rhyme or reason for this apart from i went to stroke a Springer Spaniel & he just took off  :o  He completely ignored me trying to recall him, so i had no choice but to chase him with our Goldie because he had headed towards a fairly busy road.  :'(
Usually i never run anywhere & my heart was pounding so fast i thought i was just about to have a heart attack.  After frantically running/calling him & still not being able to find him, we bumped into the postman who told us he was sat on our front doorstop.  :005:  I've never been soooo....relieved in my life.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:06:18 PM »
It was probably the lure of the fish and chips,dont forget, a cocker will sniff them out from miles away :lol:
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:23:36 PM »
Naughty as she was (and clever too) I would not read too much into the disloyal bit. Chloe knows where her bread is buttered no probs...and I suspect to her, this was just another little adventure -without thinking of anything else.

I appreciate it is annoying (and I would be too if either of mine did it - promising to myself I would wring their !"£$*y little necks when I caught em  :shades:) but at the end of the day I still think she loves ya  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline black taz

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
My lab kira took herself for a walk when we were on holiday.  We were staying on a farm (about 10 acres with horses/ponies - dogs are allowed free access to all areas).  Anyway, hubby was at golf and as i had a migraine i shut the gate, lock the backdoor and went to bed, the dogs with me.  When i woke up about 1/2 later, Taz was still next to me and Kira had mvoed.  I checked the whole cottage and started to panic as i couldnt find her or work out how she could have got out.  then i noticed the spare room window was open - she must have jumped on the bed, out the window (landing on the table that was just outside, jumped a small wall and into the fields.  I was really starting to panic as i couldnt see her in the accessible fields (the road was about 1 mile away so i didnt think she woud have found her way there).Fortunately, i had whistle trained her and she returned to me when i blew the whistle - i still cant believe out the two of them that it would be Kira that would do this - this is much more Taz's style :005: :005:

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »
Naughty as she was (and clever too) I would not read too much into the disloyal bit. Chloe knows where her bread is buttered no probs...and I suspect to her, this was just another little adventure -without thinking of anything else.

I appreciate it is annoying (and I would be too if either of mine did it - promising to myself I would wring their !"£$*y little necks when I caught em  :shades:) but at the end of the day I still think she loves ya  :luv:

yeah, I'm sure you're right, but I can't help but think if I had trained her better/had a closer bond with her, she wouldn't have buggered off!!! I guess she's a bit of an opportunist! She also adored the wee springer and was like putty in my friends hands...someone suggested to me that it was the deep, gravelly tone of my friends voice that got to her! I'm practicing doing a deep voice now... :lol: :lol:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:30 PM »
Glad that she is ok Sue, hope you saved her a bit of fish  :lol2:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »
Did you have a nice hols - thought you had not been around,
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline saffysmum

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 09:05:41 AM »
Now I can speak from experience about how tasty the chippie at Oban is.  No wonder she escaped!!  I would've too if I thought I was missing out!

Our cocker once escaped out the bottom of the hedge and chased my OH's car once as she thought she was missing out on a walk.  Never did it before or since :huh:. Sometimes they just get a bee in their bonnet.
There is a puddle on the floor,
tis there for all to see,
now is this puddle H20,
or is this K9 pee?