Author Topic: ADVICE PLEASE! 3 year old bitch weeing in house every week!  (Read 749 times)

Offline trixiebell

• Site Member
ADVICE PLEASE! 3 year old bitch weeing in house every week!
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
Hi
Can anyone give me advice please!  My 3 year old bitch has been weeing in the house 2-3  times a week EVERY week since we have had her as an 8 week old puppy.   She always does it when we are with her NEVER when she is left on her own even when the backdoor is open.  It's as if she doesn't want to leave us to go outside.  I have 2 children 10+11 who give her lots of attention and she gets walked.  She is on dry food and drinks lots and lots of water shall i try her on wet food? What's the best food to give Cockers?  i don't think she can hold much water in her bladder. I have taken her to the vets and he just said "its the breed they fret alot" !!! It's driving me crazy  >:(

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
Re: ADVICE PLEASE! 3 year old bitch weeing in house every week!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »
Have you taken her to see the vet.  There may be a physical problem which they can help with?

Offline trixiebell

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »
Hi yes she got spade 6 months ago and she had tests she is well the vet said.!!!??

Offline Ali R

• Site Member
  • Fairly Useless
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
Obviously I don't know your house situation when you mention 'back door open'. However I do know that my little cocker wouldn't have the confidence to go off into the garden on her own, we have an upside down house so it's quite along way from me in kitchen to the garden IYSWIM! Uliss definately likes to be taken.

Since Uliss was speyed she does drink alot more and when she has to 'go' I have to drop everything and take her out, she does ask me and therefore I feel it is my fault if accidents do happen. The trick is to understanding her "ask", Uliss pokes me on the back of the knee and runs around in circles!!
I would have a look at some foods recommended on here, there are lots of recommendations, and try taking her out into the garden every half hour after she has been drinking alot. Uliss drinks alot after eating whatever food I feed her. After Uliss has her dinner at 4pm she goes a small walk, then she will need to pee at about 6'ish, 7'ish and finally before going to bed - just to give you an idea of our routine!!

Best of luck.

Offline trixiebell

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »
THANKS WILL LOOK AT FOOD ADVICE ETC ..........

Offline black taz

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:13:31 PM »
my cocker male hates going into the garden even if we are there (don't ask why, i havent fathomed that one yet! but suspect it may have something to do with a firework a couple of years ago), so he certainly wouldnt take himself in the garden. 

He always does everything whilst we are out walking, then last thing at night i take him on the green across the road for a wee.