Author Topic: barking heads  (Read 846 times)

Offline drika

barking heads
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »
Lizzie is a bit of a fussy eater when it comes to her main meals. No problem with a bit of sausage in her Kong though!
I bought Barking Heads for the fussy dog,salmon and potato and that went down a treat. It was small kibble which suits her. However, the last bag I bought,froma different shop, was much bigger and darker, and she just wouldnt eat more than a few bits.
Has anyone else found the same problem? Which bag was the older? What is the current product like?
Cant keep changing, jusy want to get her settled. And why do producers keep changing everything!!

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
Re: barking heads
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:11:46 AM »

Jessie has the salmon and potato,  not had any problems she wolfs it down.   Have you contacted Barking Heads?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
Rodaidh is on BH salmon variety as well, he loves it and I haven't noticed a change in it... I'll be buying another bag next week as we're nearly out so I'll check to see if it looks different.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 11:21:05 PM »
I opened a new 12kg bag of BH salmon and potato this evening and you're right, the kibble has changed; the pieces are much bigger and darker. I only feed kibble once a day but I gave Rodaidh a few bits and he ate them fine. The test will be when I give him his breakfast, he can be fussy with kibble so hopefully he'll still be as keen on it as he has been up to now. I'm going to email them and ask about the change cos the kibble in the new bag is more than twice the size it previously was, I only bought the bag yesterday from Jollyes.

Offline jla

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »
Did anyone hear back from Barking Heads about the kibble size!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
No but mainly because I haven't had a chance to email them yet :005: Rodaidh actually seems even keener on it now than he was, he was still being a bit picky with his breakfast on occasion but since I opened this new bag last week he's wolfed it down straight away every day. I think it looks 'richer', they must have changed the way they coat it or something but it seems to be working for him!