Author Topic: Flicking Mud  (Read 975 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Flicking Mud
« on: January 06, 2005, 10:27:47 PM »
Hmm Indie has developed a really silly habit of flicking mud with her hind legs after shes done a widdle :unsure:   SHes never done it before, I wonder if its a sign of her season again?  Anybody elses female cockers do this?  Its a good job my grass is not like a bowling green :lol:   Or she would be in trouble :P  

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Flicking Mud
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 10:32:10 PM »
I thought only male dogs did that  :lol:  :blink:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Sue H

Flicking Mud
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 10:36:25 PM »
Do you mean like kicking sand in your face!!

I think this is just a thing that they do to spread the word, so to speak - it doesn't help, however, if they have done a poo, you are bending over to pick it up, and you get more of the same shucked back into your face !!

Barley does this, and I tell her just because she may have seen her friends do it, that is no excuse !!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Flicking Mud
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 10:39:17 PM »
Do you mean like kicking sand in your face!!

I think this is just a thing that they do to spread the word, so to speak - it doesn't help, however, if they have done a poo, you are bending over to pick it up, and you get more of the same shucked back into your face !!

:D Yeah  :lol:   Little monkies aren't they, I wonder why she should suddenly start this though?  

I wonder...... No couldn't be that......... The fence dividing our garden and next door has blew down in the strong wind, I wonder if shes suddenly marking her terratory?  Mind you its pointless they don't have any animals atall :lol:  

Offline PennyB

Flicking Mud
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 10:45:45 PM »
Ruby does that but she was spayed 18 months ago. Also another thing she does is mark a lot of areas when she's out and it seems she does this more when she scents bitches on heat who've also done the same. She weed so much once when I was out I nearly took her to the vet to see if she was all right (she was fine at home) until someone pointed out that there were quite a few bitches on heat at the moment.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Flicking Mud
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 05:01:17 PM »
MIL's Bearded Collie X bitch dogs that, there again she is as daft as a brush :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Flicking Mud
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 05:42:32 PM »
Goldie does it, but only after a poo :rolleyes:
Havent noticed Lottie doing it at all yet.

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Flicking Mud
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 09:53:19 PM »
I know some dogs that do that.  My mothers border collie is staying here over night, and she always scratches up the dirt.  I always assumed they were covering up what they had done, but that is probably not correct.  Maybe it is actually to spread the smell over a greater distance to make them appear larger?

At least I dont have to worry about clippng her back nails...she keeps them nicely shortened herself with all her scratching around  :lol: