Author Topic: Stagbar treat for dogs...amazing!  (Read 22388 times)

Offline Fudgeley

Stagbar treat for dogs...amazing!
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
Thought I would give people a heads up about a fantastic natural bone equivalent that my dogs are loving ! :luv: :luv: :luv:

They are sections of antlers which the dogs chew slowly revealing the dry marrow.Fudge was on the verge of needing a dental and I checked her teeth after a week of her chewing on this and they were so much better.They come in different sized sections according to your dog but my two swap theirs round to be honest.

It is something I will be definitely having from now on, although given how hard they are I think they will last a few months!

I think you have to buy online as they don't seem to be sold many places but well worth the money!

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Stagbar treat for dogs...amazing!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »
Certainly sounds good.  Do you have a link to the website? Thanks  :D

Offline Fudgeley

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 10:16:29 PM »
Certainly sounds good.  Do you have a link to the website? Thanks  :D

Not sure if I am allowed to paste the link but if you google stag antler treats and look for pure dogs you will find it. they seem pricey but are so long lasting I think they are well worth it.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »
That'll do for me, thanks  :D

Offline mooching

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 11:02:56 PM »
Not sure if I am allowed to paste the link but if you google stag antler treats and look for pure dogs you will find it.

I've googled stag antler treats and cannot see pure dogs anywhere. I am sure it's fine to post the link here - or if you'd rather not, perhaps you could pm it to me?

Offline wendyt

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »
I discovered these a few weeks ago, and sent off for a couple for Murphy and Indy. At first they weren't too sure, but the enclosed leaflet gives hints on how to get them interested, so I put a little peanut butter on the end and that did the trick. Once they got going they loved them, so much that they only lasted a week. I've never had such a peaceful week, so I've ordered some more. Well worth the money!!
The website is www.puredog.co.uk

Offline Fudgeley

Offline Fudgeley

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »
I discovered these a few weeks ago, and sent off for a couple for Murphy and Indy. At first they weren't too sure, but the enclosed leaflet gives hints on how to get them interested, so I put a little peanut butter on the end and that did the trick. Once they got going they loved them, so much that they only lasted a week. I've never had such a peaceful week, so I've ordered some more. Well worth the money!!
The website is www.puredog.co.uk

wow, what size did you order? Fudge's medium one is pretty big, can't imagine it going in a week!

Offline mooching

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 11:53:59 PM »
I notice they say this on the website:

Make sure your dog is gnawing on the antler chew and not trying to break it in half which could damage his teeth.

I'm not sure how you make sure they only gnaw! From the way he chews on other things, I think Alfie could very likely try to break it, so it looks like it would be a no-no for him.

Offline wendyt

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
I ordered a small for Indy and a medium for Murphy. To be honest they seemed to prefer the small one, and that lasted about 3 days. They shared the medium one and that lasted about 4 days, mind you they are ferocious chewers. When I originally rang the company, the lady I spoke to said that is quite a lot of variation in the size range. I'm nearly sure she said they were sized by weight, so I reckon I must have had a large small, and a small medium, if that makes any sense?

Offline mooching

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
I'm nearly sure she said they were sized by weight, so I reckon I must have had a large small, and a small medium, if that makes any sense?

This is how they describe this issue on the website:

Because it is a natural product and impossible to achieve uniformity in each size category, there are many occasions that a medium will look longer (and thinner) than a large which might be fatter and shorter. However, it is the weight that decides the category, not the length or girth.

Offline lilylulu

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »
I fancy some for Lily but they look a bit deer.  :005:

Offline B52

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

I think I will try them for Bracken... something different

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 11:13:45 AM »
I shall be giving them ago, am always on the lookout for chews that keep their interest - wonder if antler is the same sort of material as horses hoofs.  My lot love the trimmings when the farrier has been  :lol2:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love