Author Topic: Stagbar treat for dogs...amazing!  (Read 22481 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: Stagbar treat for dogs...amazing!
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »
Well, I posted on 22nd Feb and can now say....they still have no interest in them whatsoever  :-\

Oh dear Liz :shades:, funny how both of them aren't interested, mind you they were expensive so I can sympathise with you on that score!
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Manster62

• Dylan and Daisy
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2011, 01:23:11 PM »
Dylan was actually frightened of his when I first gave it to him - mind you it was a two-pronged one! He barked at it a few times and kept gingerly going up to it and then jumping back! Daft dog!  :005: Then, suddenly after an hour or so, he decided to be really brave and take a few tentative bites, since then he loves chewing it. In fact we have to take it away from him after a couple of hours, otherwise he'd just chew and chew and chew....... ph34r

Considering the size (medium) and cost, I think it was good value for money. Mind, you if he hadn't got over his fear, then I would have been a bit peeved about spending the money on a catapult frame!  ;)
Dylan - b: January 2010  and  Daisy - b: March 2011
RIP Meggie - b: February 1997  - d: December 2009

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
Well I bought 4 ages ago - they all had a good chew eventually, but Ellie is the one that really loves them - I think she finished at least 3 of them and is working her way through the 4th
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2011, 01:03:03 PM »
I got Bailey and Stella one each, and they only lasted about ½ an hour!
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »
Can I ask what everyone is paying for their stagbars...

Offline lilylulu

« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »
Lilys is still in her basket had a chew at first now not interested.

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »
Toby is on and off his but I think it may be a good thing to have around.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »
I bought two large ones a couple of months ago and Dougie and Tia have no interest in them! >:D

I tried all the tips, including smearing peanut butter and cheese on the ends, but they merely licked it off, so I gave up for a few weeks, then brought them out again and soaked them in water overnight in the fridge, as suggested, but no joy. I even tried scraping a bit of marrow out, but still nothing. :-\

What a waste of £16! :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Rufus MacD

« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »
He he..I can imagine Rufus having somebody's eye out with his :005: He loves chewing sticks so he will probably go for it.

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »
I bought two large ones a couple of months ago and Dougie and Tia have no interest in them! >:D

I tried all the tips, including smearing peanut butter and cheese on the ends, but they merely licked it off, so I gave up for a few weeks, then brought them out again and soaked them in water overnight in the fridge, as suggested, but no joy. I even tried scraping a bit of marrow out, but still nothing. :-\

What a waste of £16! :005:
yer i got 2 for Bob but he dose not like them and i too have done all the tips
i think it more that if if can not eat it he dont wont it

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »
Our two loved theirs.... we bought 2 medium ones and they were chewed down so much we had to throw them away! Did find them a bit expensive though, they like the filled marrowbone ones just as much which are lower in price :blink:
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
Hello

I bought Daisy one.  She was initially very interested, but finds it very hard work.  And if it's too much effort..... she just can't be bothered!   :005:   She's had it three days now, and a little of the marrow has gone, but I think she has decided that the amount of effort to be put into it, far outweighs the output!   :shades:

I shall leave it around and see how we go.  But yes, I agree, for something that drops off naturally,  it's expensive!  Yet, natural, so I'm all for that.

Kay and Daisy

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
When this thread first started, I bought Phoebe one and it was a branch - she got stuck in straight away and after a couple of days there was nothing left.  Brilliant, I thought - something she likes, so I ordered another two thinking of saving on postage.   When they came they were both straight and she has no interest in them whatsoever  :lol2: that was three months ago and they are still lying in her bed just in case she changes her mind!  Some saving  :005:

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2011, 08:39:24 PM »
I bought six  ph34r, again thinking of the saving on postage..........we got a selection - 4 catapults and two straights  :shades:  Saffy dived in on hers and after a lengthy and vigorous chomping session tossed it aside and would have nothing more to do with it......... >:(  Shelley however, (who is blind) found that if she carried it to the stop of our (stone) stairs and flung it down said stairs it makes a very satisfying plink plonk sound all the way down........... :shades:  delighted that we have found something unusual to amuse our girl we let her carry on.....and on.........until we got so fed up with the constant plinking and plonking we could stand it no longer and confiscated said antler...Shelley got a pizzle to make up for her loss :luv: the unused antlers are decorating our hallway table

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline Rufus MacD

« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
I bought six  ph34r, again thinking of the saving on postage..........we got a selection - 4 catapults and two straights  :shades:  Saffy dived in on hers and after a lengthy and vigorous chomping session tossed it aside and would have nothing more to do with it......... >:(  Shelley however, (who is blind) found that if she carried it to the stop of our (stone) stairs and flung it down said stairs it makes a very satisfying plink plonk sound all the way down........... :shades:  delighted that we have found something unusual to amuse our girl we let her carry on.....and on.........until we got so fed up with the constant plinking and plonking we could stand it no longer and confiscated said antler...Shelley got a pizzle to make up for her loss :luv: the unused antlers are decorating our hallway table
:005: :005: :005: