Author Topic: Bad Day  (Read 1078 times)

Offline kellys mum

• Site Member
Bad Day
« on: January 21, 2005, 01:14:58 AM »
Kelly has really been naughty today shes played up all day not the usual wicked little things that you can laugh at but really naughty to the point OH and myself argued over it. She weed three times in the kitchen she hasnt done this for months i now feel worn out by it.She is also off her food (but will eat ours given the chance).Im on week off from work do you think she could be reacting to this and just showing off or the other thing she is 9 months could her season be due. Please someone keep me sane. Julia :(  

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Bad Day
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 08:18:25 AM »
Well she could be at 9 months I suppose it's hard isn't it? I think I blamed everything left, right and centre on Buttys season ;) Have you checked her Private Benjamins? to see if she looks swollen? Is she licking alot? or going outside for the toilet alot? She could also be going through an adolescent stage, testing you to see how far she can push you. I would just continue to do as you would normally do but keep an eye on her  :)  

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Bad Day
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 09:25:14 AM »
after checking the possible season position - could she have an infection? If she's weeing indoors and off her food it sounds like either her first season or that she's not well. The other possibility of course is that she's now an adolescent and they often go backwards at this stage.

After ruling out any health issue - I would reckon it's simply this - hah if only it was simple!

They can become incredibly frustrating at this time. Just like a moody awkward teenager. A consistent but firm hand is what's needed - easier said than done. But if you go back to basics with the house traning - putting her outside frequently using a command so that she knows what you want. Reinforce that her own food is the food she gets. Leave it down only for 15 minutes - if she doesn't eat it - she waits until her next meal. No snacks and deffo nothing off your plates.

Do use treats and praise to reward the good behaviour and really focus on when she's being good otherwise it can turn into a totally nagtive time and as you have already seen start to become a topic for disagreement among the humans :lol:

Give in to her at this stage and she's got you well and truly tamed :lol:  
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Bad Day
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 09:32:11 AM »
Abby is 9 months and has turned into Psycho Cocker :angry: Shredding wallpaper, eating plaster, skirting boards, eating books.  She has already had her first season so I am putting this behaviour down to teenage angst :rolleyes: she also went through a fussy eating phase a few weeks ago and had a growing spurt! I am just hoping she comes out of it as quickly as she started :D

Michelle

Offline kellys mum

• Site Member
Bad Day
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 02:54:52 PM »
Thanks for all the advice. Cant see no swollen bits but shes not cooled down today it could very well be the adolence stage cos shes doing everything she knows not to and looking at me when shes doing it.Like now shes shredding my cushion got to go and rescue it thanks again :rolleyes: Julia  

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Bad Day
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 05:05:02 PM »
Like now shes shredding my cushion got to go and rescue it thanks again :rolleyes: Julia
:lol:  :lol:  Aw sorry - should'nt laugh !!!

Hug for Kelly x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Sue H

Bad Day
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 06:39:28 PM »
Perhaps they brew for a while before their first season - my first was a Lab bitch but that was over 20 years ago and I can't remember her going through any sort of personality changes - she was so laid-back she probably didn't !!

We had Bramble neutered at about a year old, but it took a further 6 months before his 'silly hat' came off....  

Both he and Barley have reacted strangely (as far as the human eye can tell) to various people from time to time, as well as taking a dislike to people with pushchairs, umbrellas, gloves, all of which they have seen before, and none of which are at all sinister taken in isolation ...

It is really embarrassing when they suddenly back off and bark at a completely innocent person, but I just excuse them by saying 'Who knows what goes on in a Spaniel's head??!!'