Author Topic: Moving from Puppy food to Junior  (Read 589 times)

Offline henryjack1dogs

Moving from Puppy food to Junior
« on: September 07, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »
Hi,

My dogs are fed on JWB - my yougest George is on JWB - turkey and rice puppy and a few of weeks ago, started the gradual transition intruducing the Junior jwb turkey and rice in to his food.  He started with very sloppy poohs that continued - eventually took him off the kibble and fed him plain fish for a couple of days with Goats yoghurt which sorted him out.   Since then continued with the normal JWB puppy food.  For the last couple of days started to introduce the JWB Junior less than a 1/4 with 3/4 of his normal food and again his poohs have gone sloppy again...

Not sure what to do - whether to change foods - or persevere - maybe change variety of flavour of food/move straight to Adult see if that's better.

George and Max do have raw wings now and then/sardines etc.  I do notice that George does seem to go a bit sloppy with the chicken wings as well.

Any suggestions!

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Moving from Puppy food to Junior
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
Hi, phoebe and mia were both on JWB puppy food turkey and rice, after a while they started doing sloppy poohs. So my vet advised giving them the duck and rice variety, which I did and seemed to sort them out for a wee while. But the same thing happenend again, so now they are on a kibble from the natural dog food company, and up to press they are fine. JWB is a good food but I think that some puppies just can't tolerate the turkey element in it. Hope this helps ??  :luv: :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline henryjack1dogs

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for that.  What age do they move from puppy to Adult with the Natural Food Co. What flavour did you go with?  Might give it a go.

Thank you for replying x

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:09:35 PM »
The natural dog food that they are on reccomend that they stay on the puppy version until they are 12 months of age, and then wean them on to the adult one. They have chicken and rice and the salmon and rice.

www.naturaldogfoodcompany.com

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x