Author Topic: Going Crazy!!!  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Roddyboom

Re: Going Crazy!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »
I am so glad I found this post!
Just when you think you have a horror, turns out so many other Cockers do the exact same thing! Phewwwwwee we're not evil/untrainable/damien dog child from hell!

I was wondering if Roddy had his 'happy hour' (ahem) >:( because I wasn't exercising him enough or if I was relying on too much time in the crate.

He gets very bitey about half way into the mayhem, I have started using the time outs in the kitchen which work for all of 30 seconds once he's out again.  Just have to ride it out.  Block yourself with chew toys. 

I'm not sure it's good or not that we don't have a garden.  If we did there wouldn't be much of it left, but without it the skirting boards/sofas get the full bitey wrath before I can wrestle in with a towel or toy...

'Our dog chases people on a bike. We've had to take it off him'. Churchill

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
Aw Amy how could
you think that Roddy :luv:is
"damien dog child" :005:
he's a sweet puppy but you
made me laugh!
steffxxx

Offline Pam501

Re: Going Crazy!!! (UPDATE)
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
Hi guys

Well, I just want to say to all you fellow cocker puppy owners that there definitely is an end to the nightmare :lol2:.  Toby is now 5 months old and I have to say I'm rather proud of him and all the hard work is beginning to pay off.  Can you believe it?????

He is getting to be rather lovely and I never thought I'd hear myself saying that.  The puppy trainer was well impressed last week and my doggy sitter says he is SO GOOD when she is out with him and she loves him to bits.  She takes him out with other dogs (grown up ones) and apparently he is very well behaved.  So, all I can say is don't despair but be consistent with the rules and training. 

Pam

Offline rubytuesday007

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 01:43:34 PM »
I havre another crazy cocker pup, here she just has those moments we call it looney ruby time.. I tend to chuck her out in the garden, or put her in a crate to calm... Seems to work she then just gets that innocent wasn't me look