Author Topic: Driving Me Nuts Now  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Driving Me Nuts Now
« on: February 25, 2005, 11:05:21 PM »
This is a really silly question, BUT, can painting your your lounge a different colour, have an odd effect on dogs?

We have been painting this afternoon and I am not sure if its just a coincidence but since Indie has been marching up and down crying, its not a "in pain cry" just an unsettled cry, she won't go and lie on the sofa with us either, which she normally does without a problem ;)   She is almost at the end of her season too, perhaps thats why?

Anyone else experience this behaviour after changing their colour scheme :rolleyes: ?

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 11:07:10 PM »
could it be the smell of the paint or other stuff you've been using that's upsetting her?
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:12:16 PM »
could it be the smell of the paint or other stuff you've been using that's upsetting her?
[snapback]101814[/snapback]

Hmm it could be, windows have been open and still are, but I guess they are more sensitive to odours than us, thanks :)   Think, i'll see if she will settle in the conservatory :unsure:

Offline shaz

• Site Member
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 11:33:16 PM »
like pammy says it could be the smell also if you have been moving funiture ect it could be making her very unsettled dogs know when somthing is going on, ie not the normal routine.
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 10:21:26 AM »
It's either the paint and the upheavel Emma, or it could have something to do with her season, is she having another phantom?
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

scoobie

Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 09:10:27 PM »
Emma hope Indie has settled down a bit now?
Scoobie has acted strange in the past when I have redecorated I think like the others have said it's changing things about and moving stuff around ;)
When we moved house recently it took Scoobie ages to adapt to his surroundings it's realy strange because we have took him on holiday before to different homes etc and he never found a problem with it but here in the new home he couldn't settle into a new routine it took a few weeks but now he loves it :D I think they are all different Emma and some more sensitive than others ..just like us

Sue H

Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 07:05:24 PM »
As previous members have said, it could be the smell (which, even to us, is quite strong) or the general upheaval and maybe lack of the usual places to settle down...

My two don't seem that bothered about paint, except they insist on making their mark for posterity - they will squeeze through doorways and leave hair stuck to freshly glossed architraves, or check on whether I have done the skirtings properly, and come away with paint on their ears and noses - those little imperfect bits serve as a lovely reminder of Mummy's Little Helpers !!!

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 04:20:14 PM »
i agree to could be the smell, hope she settles down soon. :)
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 07:55:40 AM »
Emma - any change? Have things settled back to normal?
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 11:41:49 AM »
Sorry guys, yeah shes fine, we think it was the shifting of the furniture :D   How dare we move her favourite armchair :lol:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Driving Me Nuts Now
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 11:47:15 AM »
That's great to hear.

I'm warned now though!