Author Topic: Bakers & bad teeth  (Read 1464 times)

Offline redlottie

Re: Bakers & bad teeth
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »
I have had various issues with bad poos on many kibbles but both of mine have no issues on Arden grange lamb and rice

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
Not remembering the main alleged meat ingridient in bakers - is it chicken or something else ???

asking as if it is chicken then stick to a chicken food what ever you change to if it is not chicken then try duck or salmon and hopefully that will help

some dogs has reactions to certain foods even if just mild and runny poos

Trial and error me thinks, but can I just say that when changing change grandually and give your dog a good month or more on the new food before you decide that it is not right

Good luck

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »
What about Chappie? One of mine had food intolerances/allergies and this was the only non-prescription food that didn't give him the runs.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline seaangler

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
cazza.... Not remembering the main alleged meat ingridient in bakers - is it chicken or something else........ (feet and fethers)...Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:26 AM »
if he has a sensitive tummy I'd suggest Skinners Salmon and Rice,  The duck is quite rich.  mine all were a bit runny with duck!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
Tilly has inflammatory bowel disease and last year she was very ill with it, she was hospitalised several times, lost nearly 6kg in weight and at one point couldn't digest anything other than tiny amounts of steamed rice and cottage cheese. We tried every prescription diet under the sun and she stabilised a bit on Purina DCO but then I stumbled across Skinner's F&T duck and rice as well and she has never looked back on it, it's been miraculous for her.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
My Dad's dog had horrific breathe on Bakers (it would literally bring tears to your eyes).
It improved on a better quality kibble.
It has virtually disappeared now she is raw fed.

I normally feed Missy JWB but from time to time i run out. ( being a bloke dont plan things to great  :005: ) If thats the case i can just nip the shop down the road which sells Bakers.

I find the same as you she stinks like really really stinks she never normally does until she eats that stuff.

I may try JWB again but his tummy was terrible with it as a pup :shades:
if you go for the Fish or Lamb you may find it better for his tummy

Offline Golden Sidney

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
What about Chappie? One of mine had food intolerances/allergies and this was the only non-prescription food that didn't give him the runs.

Chappie sorted him out when he was a pup it was on vet's advice but it only comes in original and chicken(which is hard to find) he started to turn up his nose to that and wouldn't touch it.
Sid's mum x