Author Topic: Fraser attacked another dog!  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
Re: Fraser attacked another dog!
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:53 PM »
Sniffing the ground is definitely a good calming signal to look out for on dog to dog meetings. You can see them look at each other and then one or the other will take a more curved approach, turn slightly away and start sniffing. Can be quick like a switch being thrown sometimes. I always relax more if Millie or the other dog suddenly averts eye contact and sniffs the ground. And I know it's calming signal from Millie as she is very much more sight driven then scent.

With regards to scratching Millie does this sometimes when she's a bit anxious/wound up. She never settles if it's anywhere near meal time or waiting on an evening for the other half to come home. She'll pace for a bit, sit down in my eye line, give a little woof at me, then scratch at the back of a front leg while sitting. She also starts doing it if there is repeatedly loud noises outside, like on the day the bins get emptied - a bit annoying when I'm trying to watch Homes Under the Hammer  :005: :005:

Millie

Offline tritonx

Re: Fraser attacked another dog!
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »
Canine Body Language has shipped. All will be revealed. He's definitely getting more barky at dogs in yards and approaches the scene all attitude, wanting the other dog to be outside so he can go into Big Display.